Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche friendly european breakdown cover?

martin.997.C4S

Spa-Francorchamps
Driving to Germany for a long weekend in Sep.

Would like to sort out some kind of breakdown cover just in case I get a puncture or worse.

Don't like the idea of being towed along by a van but understand may have no choice.

Does anyone know of any Porsche friendly recovery services who may offer short term cover for my trip?

Cheers

The AA the positive was very fast support from an English call centre, guy arrived with me within an hour. downside later spotted a small piece of damaged caused by the attending repair guy and when reported to the AA they completly and totally washed their hands of it ,even after I escalated my complaint to senior management eg saying it was their approved guy that they send and my contract was with them, 100% total disinterest and support at all levels of management .
As with most people I couldnt be bothered to pursue it, life to short etc . they rely on us doing that . So it is my intention to make others aware that they have no customer support as often as I can and the revinue they will lose from just me let alone the many other that I have now found in the same boat doing the same will go some way to clearing the nasty taste left from dealing with the AAs Euro breakdown division. :thumb: :thumb: thanks for the oportunity to let even more know what to expect if they chose the AA for their Euro cover :grin: :grin: :grin: :thumb:

AA are very expensive, my Insurance company uses Green Flag and they are much better value. Haven't had to use them though and can't comment on them being Porsche friendly.

I suspect that most UK based companies outsource any claims to a local recovery company/garage so it's probably a bit pot luck unless you can find some sort of special 'trailer only' deal.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back