Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WTB Fabspeed induction kit 997.1

Thefinn

It's a long shot but I am looking for a Fabspeed duel cone induction kit with the gt3 tb adaptor for the 997.1. I have been scanning eBay for ages but with no luck, is there anyone out there with a desperate need to sell one?

Attachments

• 996_carrera_comp_intake_product_web_789561453129721500664_134.jpg
    996_carrera_comp_intake_product_web_789561453129721500664_134.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 3,671
Still have a spare deck lid waiting to cut a second scoop in for this mod and my progress thread is gathering dust or do I just hold out for the UK to do a trade deal with the US so I don't have to pay stupid import tax getting one shipped.

Anyone out there who can put me out of my misery and has one they don't want any more

Thefinn said:
It's a long shot but I am looking for a Fabspeed duel cone induction kit with the gt3 tb adaptor for the 997.1. I have been scanning eBay for ages but with no luck, is there anyone out there with a desperate need to sell one?

Hi, im also in a look out for the same for my gen 1, i spoke to fabspeed and they said the can do the kit cheaper then the going rate and lower tge import tax to 100$ but its abit of a risk once it goes thru customs, on the other hand Design911 will also discount the kit aswell, i guess if we cold get a consortium for the fabspeed performance airfilter kit we should be able to get a good deal if we could get a few people like you and me involved? Or even the IPD GT3 TB plenum kit!

Cheers

J

Ok mate keep me updated, there are a few other suppliers in the states as well I have been looking at such as "built not bought" and "mod bargains" who do the kit as well and advertise cheaper than fabspeed to start so they might be worth a look.

I am no currency trader but also the dollar is pretty high atm but I am guessing it might drop at the end of the month when they don't sort out their issues with China so a drop then might help the cause. If someone who know what they are talking about on this front could tell me if I am talking absolute rubbish that would help.

With your ipd plenums have look at the Spyder units which you might be able to get a group buy on. They start their auction on ebay at about £200 but when they first started on there they were only £125 and didn't sell, I wish I bought them all at that price. So they must be able to a good deal if they can sell them for £125. You can also get a new tb on ebay £102 so no point getting them elsewhere.

Hey guys,

I'm not ready to commit to this yet as I am about to do the Aaasco flywheel. But i would very much like to know some more it?

What are the pros and cons?

This is the claim

Fabspeed's Competition Air Intake for the Porsche 997 Carrera improves power by 19 whp and 21 ft-lbs of torque.

Whether that the actual figures you will get I doubt but you will get more induction noise and it looks the mutts with some gains I hope, you will need a map to get the best out of it otherwise you might run lean. That's why I have done all my other mods first so the map can tie it altogether and I plan to put another air duct in my deck lid to get cold air to both cones otherwise the one away from the existing duct might draw air from the engine bay. Phil has one on his gen2 and has done few reviews so check them out and if you are having a look check out a thread by poppopbangbang as he tests a bmc filter in standard box, k&n kit and Eurocup kit on a 996. K&N came out best (although didn't test fabspeed kit) so you might want to look at that kit as well and its cheaper but not a sexy and I am a sucker for a bit of bling hence the hunt for the fabspeed kit.

Others will say induction kits are a waste of time draw in hot air etc so really it's up to you. If you are thinking about it check out some of the US forums like 6speed or Rennlist as more people over there mod so you will get more reviews.

With regards to the 82mm tb mod just do this at some point you won't regret it, it just make the car breath easier and less restricted. Now there is the spyder kit as well it's a lot cheaper than it used to be, when I bought my Eurocup one it was about £750 haggling, ipd is about 1k but now spyder do plenums for £300 or less if you win an auction on ebay and you can get a tb for just over £100 if hunt using the bosch part number rather than the Porsche (tax) one.

Thefinn said:
This is the claim

Fabspeed's Competition Air Intake for the Porsche 997 Carrera improves power by 19 whp and 21 ft-lbs of torque.

Whether that the actual figures you will get I doubt but you will get more induction noise and it looks the mutts with some gains I hope, you will need a map to get the best out of it otherwise you might run lean. That's why I have done all my other mods first so the map can tie it altogether and I plan to put another air duct in my deck lid to get cold air to both cones otherwise the one away from the existing duct might draw air from the engine bay. Phil has one on his gen2 and has done few reviews so check them out and if you are having a look check out a thread by poppopbangbang as he tests a bmc filter in standard box, k&n kit and Eurocup kit on a 996. K&N came out best (although didn't test fabspeed kit) so you might want to look at that kit as well and its cheaper but not a sexy and I am a sucker for a bit of bling hence the hunt for the fabspeed kit.

Others will say induction kits are a waste of time draw in hot air etc so really it's up to you. If you are thinking about it check out some of the US forums like 6speed or Rennlist as more people over there mod so you will get more reviews.

With regards to the 82mm tb mod just do this at some point you won't regret it, it just make the car breath easier and less restricted. Now there is the spyder kit as well it's a lot cheaper than it used to be, when I bought my Eurocup one it was about £750 haggling, ipd is about 1k but now spyder do plenums for £300 or less if you win an auction on ebay and you can get a tb for just over £100 if hunt using the bosch part number rather than the Porsche (tax) one.

Hey Finn.

Hope you are well bud.

Which other mods have you done leading up to this?

P.s I dont think they are a waste. The sound alone is worth it.

Nice to hear from you mate, the mods you are doing are sounding and looking great btw, I am interested in your fly wheel.

As for mine have a look through my thread they are all on there but engine performance wise it's only the 82mm tb mod, bmc filter, and 200cel cats + x51 headers, there is not much more to do other than go big like head work or a supercharger, then you might as well chop in for a turbo for the cost. You can try the rss underdrive pulley but I worry about the additional heat as the water pump is working less.

All others have been cosmetic internals stuff, suspension, engine mounts and a few other hear and there. One small cheap mod worth doing is the Phoenix engineering shifter bush if you have oem short shift it just tightens things up and reduces the slop, check it out.

https://phenixengineering.com/shop/porsche-997-gt3-style-billet-shift-bushing-kit/

Thefinn said:

Been a long time since your original request... but are you still after one?

Jamie

Hi,

Not my thread so sorry to hijack but I'm also looking for one.

I have just bought a 997 Carrera S with one of these kits fitted. It has the dual cone competition kit and is all carbon fibre.

I am removing it to return to standard, previous owner had it fitted and did less than 1000 miles with it. It sounds amazing but is not my thing.

I have listed it in the parts section under a different listing but wanting £750

Picture below.. Based in Derbyshire

Attachments

• 4cb7a76b_896c_4705_8c37_d79a2f26d572_142.jpeg
    4cb7a76b_896c_4705_8c37_d79a2f26d572_142.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,244

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TJno1
Back