Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 2 Carrera

For a base Carrera it's got a bunch of bells on. 20k miles. The only thing I'm unsure of is pricing as the spread on these can be quite large. It's definitely worth considering for sure.

Non-S are not so popular here. Got a few bits, but no PASM. Probably needs to lose a few pounds to attract attention.

That looks good value to me as long as there is nothing hiding. Spend £2K on an OPC warranty and you are good to go. That's as cheap as I've seen a car with this kind of spec and mileage. I paid £5.5K more for mine last year from an OPC and its a very similar specced car albeit 12 months younger than this one.

As others have said looks nice only thought is the price is toppy for a 3.6 even with the low miles I would expect it to be several thousand cheaper through a respected indy. Thats an OPC price and it would come with 2k worth of 2 yr warranty from an OPC .I think you will find thats the only reason its hung around. its well specced for a 3.6. sports seats , PSE , bose, sun roof delete, rear wiper delete. colour coded centre console. really all it needs is some lowering springs and it would be great. :thumb:

I think that's a decent price for a nice car, and RSJ have a great reputation too. As Phil says, non-S cars need their ride height lowering but you can get that done for a few hundred pounds with some Techart springs or similar. That aside, it's got a good spec and extremely low miles.
Since everyone keeps saying the market is dead, why not make them a cheeky offer?

RSJ have a good rep however are always at least 1-2k higher than the rest of the market for no understandable reason (other than profit). As others have said, car looks to be a decent spec. 911 Virgin worth speaking to as well so they can keep you in mind if they come across anything

I picked up ny C4S from RSJ. The prep on the car was perfect, front end respray which is perfect, car was then polished and detailed including the engine bay! Probably 3 days of polishing! Had a wet doorcard after a very rainy day - no questions, just changed it for me (they have most common failure parts in stock)!

I can not recommend them enough. Would probably go with RSJ rather than an OPC judging by some of the warranty issues!!

Jb71 said:
..... Seems reasonably priced to me but has been for sale for quite a while now, has anyone been to see it? Is it priced right or is it missing a vital option?

Taking into account the usual premium payable for a low mileage car it does seem to be priced right. It's been spec'd by someone wanting a sports car - hence no sunroof and a manual box - but perhaps that combined with the basic 3.6 engine/ non S bits isn't seen as a desirable combination. :dont know:

I still absolutely love my 'misery spec' c2 3 years in. :cloud9:

The ride height could be lower aesthetically, but I still think it's a stunning car

That RSJ one is priced at top end due to mileage. I would go for one that has seen higher annual use as lack of use can cause probs.

If your budget is £40k, go for newer, higher mileage c2, or a higher mileage c2s.

On a c2, make sure it has sports seats rather than comfort (tombstones), for ease of resale. You'll probably want to change the exhaust note anyway so don't worry too much about PSE.

:thumb:

Thanks everyone for your input. I phoned RSJ on Saturday pm and unfortunately the car got sold that morning! Looks like someone got a nice car :thumbs:

PASM is the only thing missing there for me. Don't discount the 3.6, as long as they have PSE and PASM, or have lowered springs they're a great car.

There really is not that much between the 3.6 and 3.8, a lot of people think the 3.6 spins out to the top end slightly better as well.

The manual 'box is great, smooth, slick and you can get a short shift kit for it as well.

They're plenty fast enough for the road.

Fair price for a low miles, well specced drivers 911 that, shame you missed it.

3.6 Carrera is a great car.

I test drove a gen 1 3.8 and much preferred the gen 2 3.6.

I actually think the price is reasonable. Make them an offer, they can only say no :thumbs:

They will probably refuse on the grounds that they have already sold it.

Price is very reasonable given the spec and millege is a great deal. I believe that car will not stay on the market for long.

It doesn't have PASM but there are very few occasions that you can put it to good use.

I have bought a manual C2 last year with 27k with less options (PASM,PSM and sun roof) for 42.5 from a OPC. late 59 car so only a little bit older than this one.

Despite the comments that base model C2 is undesirable is really untrue. A manual C2 is a very desirable combination. Base model perfection I say. We can see Porsche trying to do this now with the Carrera T model. Is not as bone stock but it has very desirable options. You will be hard push to find PSE on another C2. Yes C2S did sell better and was the preferred option when buying the car new. But don't forget C2 has pretty much the same power as a C2S gen 1 .

Also 3.6 appears to be a stronger engine than 3.8 from a longevity perspective. I doubt most drivers would be able to make use of the extra horses a .2 C2 has over a C2S. In a capable pair of hands I'm sure it is capable enough to do under 8 mins around the nurburgring. Which is very respectable by today' standards.

If you have the money I will put the deposit on that car ASAP and get a Porsche Warranty and have it checked out.

My guess that judging from the previous msg is gone already.

Good luck!
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back