Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

knocking from front????

stucart

Montreal
Hit a damn pothole with nearside front wheel (trying avoid another one!) Since then there is a strange knock/ thunk coming from that corner, doesn't seem to do it when hit a speed hump or rough road or when cornering, sounds like under tray is flapping but checked that and also visually checked around and nothing obvious???
Anyone any ideas what to check next????

Is the knock a more inboard or more towards the wheels?

Hmmm got me thinking now Frank, it does seem more inboard than the wheel, seems passenger foot position from drivers side, very difficult to tell, not a heavy knock like a worn joint, more a dull thunk?? :?:

Sounds like a coffin arm. The pot hole may have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

If it sounds like plastic rattling then it is your steering control arm.
I lived with that noise from when I bought the car and believed it was just the sheer volume of plastic parts under the frunk rattling about. How wrong I was!
SP Autobahn diagnosed and replaced the arms and noise gone!
Pays dividends to have a good Indy that you can trust.

I've had strange front end knocks from failed drop link bushes and failed top mounts. You just need to get a wheel off, and inspect everything, and poke at stuff with a pry bar.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back