Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Any good to anyone ?? Brand New Baffled Sump on eBay

Looked into maybe fitting one at the next oil change. Pretty sure that Porscheshop sell it for £280 inc vat so he's a bit out on his pricing I think?!?

Wow, yeah.... just checked.... He's dreaming a bit with that price then...

I was just talking about these the other day with marky911, I was going to look in to it then this just came up... To be honest, i did think they were more around the £500 mark... Not sure why....

Oh well, guess its not any good to anyone :floor:

Thanks mate, i know where to go for one now if needed :thumb:

When I was looking into it I think the problem lies with the x51 kit having some modified oil pump or return?!? Long story short I don't think fitting one alone makes a world of difference you need all the component parts to get the benefit. I was only looking at them because I'm like a magpie and like new shiny things and thought a new sump would give an opportunity get rid of any build ups or deposits in the old one.

I don't corner hard enough to warrant one on the road but I like the idea of the extra half litre of oil capacity. My Indy said they stick down quite a bit further though so seems a pointless risk. After a bit of poking about on Renlist they do seem deep.

Jon that's useful to know regarding the requirement of other parts to make it worthwhile. :thumb:

I'll scratch it off the list.
I like scratching things off the list as it saves money. Unfortunately I don't do it often enough. :grin:

The only other item I think I've decided against in the last 2 years was the under drive pulley, after realising it obviously slows the waterpump down too.
Oh well....

I'm sure someone will have the definitive and technical answer but basically the x51 heads are different as I understand it, you need these or do some machining in order that oil is returned quickly/efficiently ?!? You do as you say get a bit more capacity and they're shiny!! The other thing is I think the x51 and x74 cars came with sump guards?!? Again I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong but it will sit lower so I think they did have a guard to them. The x74 has the lower suspension anyhow

The first one looks standard depth with baffles, the second one looks to be deeper with baffles?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back