Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

DSC Sport -PASM upgrade

arifg

Trainee
Just received this from 9e.

Where is the actual stock one located on a 997.2 turbo

Photos would be really helpful

No pics immediately to hand, sorry, but for RHD it is located on the upper left hand side of the passenger footwell behind the trim. (Above a passenger's left foot)

I think I removed a couple of carpet fasteners too. Takes 2 minutes and makes the job much easier.

:oops: beat me to it

See this for for LHD
http://www.dscsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/V1-Plug-N-Play.pdf

For RHD, replace the word "right" with "left" in their instructions and the photos are of the opposite side of course.

"Locate the stock PASM module. It is located above and slightly forward of the carpeted trim panel nearest to the passenger right foot." (passenger left foot for RHD)

Thanks a ton everyone. Sorted.

interested to hear how you get on with this - a worthwhile upgrade on a stock 997.1 TT?

Rich

interesting! :?:

Eire911 said:
interested to hear how you get on with this - a worthwhile upgrade on a stock 997.1 TT?

Rich

There's a big set of 911uk reviews here => DSC v1

In a word = YES :D

Huge difference driving around town in terms of comfort.

Will see how it handles with regards to corners.

The sport button now does not automatically turn on the PASM to sport mode which does not bother me.

Regarding the 'sport' button. I'm not 100% sure but I do feel that when you switch on 'Sport', even though the PASM light doesn't come on I still think the suspension is stiffened up a bit, maybe my box has been reprogrammed not sure but I tried it the other day and it definitely felt firmer.
One thing for sure is that when you activate PASM the comfort level between the old and new box is chalk and cheese.
On a track it is much flatter in the corners and it soaks the bumps up brilliantly.

If you haven't got one then you should definitely invest in one.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back