Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

McGoos Porsche story, 986 boxster S with cayman zeintop

McGoo

Thought id start a build story thread for my latest purchase my 986 boxster S

Been looking at 986 boxster s's for some time... my last car was a subaru impreza wrx and I was more swaying towards a boxster at the time of purchase but convinced myself not to buy one as they have the stigma attached of the hairdressers car or not a real porsche but the stigma couldnt be more wrong! You just cannot argue with how much car you get for what you spend!

As ive had my eye on the boxster for some time ive done bits of research on them over the years and knew if I ever got one id have to buy a zeintop or spyder conversion roof to finish of the complete porsche look what the boxsters lack in the rear..

Luckily for me the perfect car turned up!

2000 Porsche Boxster S
Good miles and service history
911 Carrera wheels
Sports exhaust (unsure of brand)
Zeintop

Ive owned the car a week and can honestly say its the best car ive drove for sure! Its a proper drivers car! Really looking forward to getting into porsche owner ship so feel free to link any helpful links or topics in this thread as id love to read them

Im Interested in afew future upgrades so feel free to link topics for:

Wheel choices and fitment
Zeintop information (what seals do they use?)
Recommended parts suppliers (oem and aftermarket)
Best performance upgrades or hacks

Id also be interested in getting my hands on any porsche software for my laptop like vag cars vcds so I can play around with my amber lights and keep them dimly illuminated

I usually post most of my car updates on instagram but will be sure to keep this thread updated!

https://www.instagram.com/mattmc.goo/

Looking forward to everyones input

Matty :mrgreen:

Attachments

• 986_boxster_s_graffiti_2_160.jpg
    986_boxster_s_graffiti_2_160.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 10,040
  • 986_boxster_s_graffiti_1_137.jpg
    986_boxster_s_graffiti_1_137.jpg
    205.5 KB · Views: 10,040
Digging that hard top, are they something to do with some obscure Japenese Boxter racing series?

Zeintop is as rare as rocking horse s**t , ive not seen one in the flesh in 14 years of fixing these cars !

ref the software .. there is very little you can change on these cars via coding .

The 986 is a basic can bus system with only the major control units connected , there is no coding for lights as such ... its more to do with which market the car is in and what systems are fitted .

Thats lovely , looks like a cayman with the ability to be a cab. you dont see many around but at 2k plus painting for the Zeintop I am not surprised :thumb: :thumb: very nice nicer with the rear side qtr glass than some of the boxter hardtops

The return of Marty Wild said:
Digging that hard top, are they something to do with some obscure Japenese Boxter racing series?

Thanks mate, was on the fence about getting a boxster for some time as i wasnt sold on the looks.

I found out about these tops in my research before buying the cars so after finding out about them I knew i needed a boxster with a zeintop in my life! :grin:

Theres alot of "history" in these tops, search Zeintop on google and there is allsorts of controversy surrounding them :floor:

deMort said:
Zeintop is as rare as rocking horse s**t , ive not seen one in the flesh in 14 years of fixing these cars !

ref the software .. there is very little you can change on these cars via coding .

The 986 is a basic can bus system with only the major control units connected , there is no coding for lights as such ... its more to do with which market the car is in and what systems are fitted .

Yes they seem to be, i dont know of many others about, especially in the U.K

Really lucky this car turned up when it did!

Phil 997 said:
Thats lovely , looks like a cayman with the ability to be a cab. you dont see many around but at 2k plus painting for the Zeintop I am not surprised :thumb: :thumb: very nice nicer with the rear side qtr glass than some of the boxter hardtops

Thankyou very much, had the car just under a year now and ive been loving every second

Great fun having two cars in one. Doest take me long to swap the roofs when the sun comes out :bandit:

Funnily enough have ended up getting a 986, going boggo standard hard top though.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back