Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

MK1 Focus RS

Drew1209

Anyone on here owned one, I'm contemplating doing a deal on one for my 99 C4 ( I've got another C4 that's I've converted to 2wd that I'm keeping)

The car in question is low miles running 360bhp and same owner for 10years.

Just wondering if anyone has any knowledge of them, had Cosworths etc in the past so do like the RS cars incase anyone things I'm mad.

A model on the up for sure.As with everything a low miles standard car will command the most.
Check the mot history and also check for rot.

This was my last RS.

Very very nice mate.

It's the rot that's my main concern, not sure on where the main weak spots are yet but I'll do a bit of research.

The owner of the RS is happy to deal with the 911 so hopefully all will check out

Worth a go :thumbs:

Mate of mine has one as well as an 8k mile RS500 :eek:

:thumb:

I owned one of these a few years back when you could pick them up for 5k, absolutely brilliant car it was running around 330bhp and never missed a beat in 18 month of ownership, I genuinely regretted selling that car.

Swapping your 996 is probably about the right ball park money wise so why not, I expect the value of the focus to rise quicker than the value of a C4

I nearly bought one a few years ago but my then missus put me off. I always wanted one and wish I'd done it.

I test drove it, which was running about 250-280hp and the only thing I didn't like was the torque steer (and the seating position - very high).

Torque steer was my only negative, I actually didn't mind the seating position I find my 911 harder to get right in than I did my Focus.

I ended up swapping my C4 for it, I'm not sure who got the better deal there's probably not much in it.

The car is brilliant, looks good and performance is good too, it's had a lot of money spent on it, things are certainly not as costly as Porsche, it had a full engine rebuild with a load of uprated parts and the bill from Sabre was around 4K including full set up so can't be bad

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back