Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Replacing crazed rear lights

thesmithsUK

I need to attend to the light crazing on my rear lights (centre and both sides).

Is it possible just to replace the lenses, or have members found it better to replace the units themselves?

Looks like it could be expensive...!

Wave goodbye to your £700.

You will never be happy until you have.

We've all been there.

:sad:

Quick pic of the (worst of) the crazing...

b7RuF1g.jpg

I've a set of rear lights from a 964 in the garage.

Used set but might do you a good turn (mix and match both sets.)

PM me your email and I'll get some photos over if any good make me a silly offer.

I re-lenses my corner ones, I think the lenses were £110.

I bought a new centre light which was £350.

The match isn't perfect but for the sake of a slight difference, I can't justify £380 for new corner lights, I'm hoping they'll fade a touch :)

thesmithsUK said:
Quick pic of the (worst of) the crazing...

b7RuF1g.jpg

As Pete says you'll never be happy until you buy new a process nearly all 964 owners have gone through :roll:

If you fancy a nice near new oliptical slash (tasteful) stainless exhaust tip for £85 to replace that drainpipe give me a shout. Straight replacement from the olive connector :thumb:

Hi all
We are in the same position with ours and have seen on type911 that they have reproductions for the lights but not the centre section. They are a bit cheaper at £145+VAT per corner (vs £200+VAT) but I'm not sure how well they will match a new centre section - which i guess is genuine only ATM?

Just a thought but wondered if anyone had tried these perhaps please or are they the same finish/colour as the the separately available lenses?

Might be of use perhaps...

Sorry I haven't worked out how to paste a link
:oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back