Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

eBay bargains can be had...

branko

Bargains can be had! Looking for this wheel for 15 months now and found a virtually new one off a 991 on ebay for £450 and got Jack at Royalwheels Aylesbury to fit it and he only wanted £15 but insisted on giving him £20! Sport, Sport Plus lights and paddles all working fine (never used Launch Control!). Car is complete!

Attachments

• new_wheel_555.jpg
    new_wheel_555.jpg
    726.7 KB · Views: 3,550
If anything at least it confirms backward compatibility from the 991.
It does look a little thicker in the rim than mine though? maybe jsut the photo or my eyes. Well done though!

looks lovely mate and the best wheel for the 997, but i might be bias as i have one, but thy do update the interior massively.

Its always worth hanging on for an ebay bargain, i spotted an OEM short shift kit go for £59 last week

v8fettler said:
If anything at least it confirms backward compatibility from the 991.
It does look a little thicker in the rim than mine though? maybe jsut the photo or my eyes. Well done though!

It's exactly the same as the 997 one, my 991 only one (according to OPC) is also exactly the same lol. Mine too was 450 off e bay, and is an easy diy fit :thumb:

Billy bargain!

Very nice and a great mod . :thumb:

Agreed, I did the same and bought a 991 wheel off Ebay, similar price - it looks so much better than the multi-function that was there before, which I sold for £90 (every little helps).
Who else scours Ebay every day? Sad but true, as Metallica would say.

Thats a result , the sport steering wheel for the gen2 is one of those silly things that if you ask the OPC they say its on back order , but what info they dont offer because the parts guys are on peanuts so are M ***** it will never come back into stock, as the part number has been superceeded by the 991 part number so this is what you need to ask for if you want a gen2 sport wheel. I know this as I have put an alcantara manual version of the same on my car :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• img_2647_793.jpg
    img_2647_793.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 3,040
As I have a Cocoa interior, what are the suggestions for wheel colour if I can find a wheel?
Did they do a MF wheel in the above style, as that's a feature I quite like on my current wheel, or do you need to jump up to the 991.2 wheel?

FZP said:
As I have a Cocoa interior, what are the suggestions for wheel colour if I can find a wheel?
Did they do a MF wheel in the above style, as that's a feature I quite like on my current wheel, or do you need to jump up to the 991.2 wheel?

No MF option on this style of wheel Frank , its the gen2 standard wheel or the 991.2 with the little wheel on the bottom for MF

branko said:
Bargains can be had! Looking for this wheel for 15 months now and found a virtually new one off a 991 on ebay for £450 and got Jack at Royalwheels Aylesbury to fit it and he only wanted £15 but insisted on giving him £20! Sport, Sport Plus lights and paddles all working fine (never used Launch Control!). Car is complete!

Who cares about the wheel.
Just look at the pink shorts and those knees !! :eek:

Could be worse...

Could be a pair of lederhosen..

did someone mention Lederhosen :grin: :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• 18157205_430787030631328_5292294669415139590_n_copy_767.jpg
    18157205_430787030631328_5292294669415139590_n_copy_767.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 2,890
Have you thought about getting an alcantara pair made to match your knob?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back