Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 PCM 3.0 - iPod/iPhone connectivity not working?

sonny85

Hi all, I have a 997.2 with PCM 3.0. I have the audio interface with AUX/USB/iPod connections in the centre console. I purchased the 'Y' cable from an OPC yesterday. When connecting an old iPod/new iPhone, the 'iPod" option does not appear on the source list, only the AUX option is available? Any ideas if there's anything I need to do to get this working? I have taken it to an OPC today and they have simply said the cable is not compatible with this model iPod which doesn't sound right to me?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Sonny.

Sonny, you do have the correct Y piece dont you one end has the funny porsche only round connector the other goes into the usb and then the other end plus into your iPod/phone you dont connect via tha AUX

Attachments

• ipod_cable_updatedjpg_401.jpg
    ipod_cable_updatedjpg_401.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 2,766
Hi Phil, I can confirm my Y cable is exactly the same as yours with the same setup, still no luck however :?

If you go to source is the iPod there?

If not tap the option tab and enable it - This may be the problem.

80-ipod_connection_4287cdc952e1dbcac0af392747aa3605a6b803ec.jpg
[/url]

Same applies for the AUX function.

weebz said:
If you go to source is the iPod there?

If not tap the option tab and enable it - This may be the problem.

80-ipod_connection_4287cdc952e1dbcac0af392747aa3605a6b803ec.jpg
[/url]

Same applies for the AUX function.

Weebz, iPod is not present in the source menu I'm afraid. It's currentky at OPC now, I'll check the option menu however as soon as I get it back in the next hour or so! Thanks mate!

I have never been able to get the iPod functionality to work on the PCM. The only option I get is AUX. The PCM recognises the external source but doesn't recognise it as an iPod.

Edit: I have the latest version as far as I know.

I used the Design 911 part (997 612 471 02) along with the Bovee Bluetooth adapter. In order for the iPod to 'appear' I had to tick the little box under the options tab.

So from memory hit DISC, then the options tab then you should have three tick boxes (iPod, AUX and USB I think). Tick the one you want to enable and you should be fine.

As an aside I ticked all three and the iPod streamed over the Bovee to both the USB and iPod sources?

My bovee usually connects via aux first, and then sometimes iPod a few minutes later.

Often I can only change volume using the pcm/steering wheel buttons when aux is the source. (When ipod is the source I have to use volume buttons on the phone) - this only happens sometimes though and is very strange.

Agreed - it's a bit strange. I couldn't do volume at all on iPod - only via the phone itself but then on re-connecting all sources worked with volume. I also thought the sound quality was pretty good (non-BOSE).

I do have ancient PCM software however... not sure that would affect things (1.41 from memory).

Any views on whether a software/maps update is worth it considering it's now £350 plus to do?

Not worth updating the maps imo. The update is only to 2012 road layout. It depends if there are many new roads/one-way systems near you.

I always use Waze app for nav as it will alert you to mobile speed traps, potholes, debris in road etc (assuming another Waze user has reported them).

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back