Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre Console Delete and PCM Removal

kel176506

Hi all,

I've had my 996 C4S for a few years now and it is currently off the road SORN, so i've been thinking about taking this opportunity to upgrade the audio unit to something more modern with Bluetooth audio etc. and at the same time removing the centre console.

For both jobs, i think it would be fairly involved as the HVAC controls + heated seat switches are mounted in the centre console. My car does not have BOSE but still has the PCM system with an amplifier mounted in the frunk.

Before i start ripping the car to pieces, has anyone ever attempted this change in layout and hardware before? I figured removing the PCM system could be a real headache.

Thanks for any help!

If it's got MOST fibre optic cables it's more of a hassle.

I'd do it myself otherwise, the centre console thing looks stuck on doesn't it.

T8 said:
If you key the following into the Search Forum tab found in the top right of the screen you'll get lots of information on this.

Console AND delete

The link below is to just one that might be of interest.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=115161&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=console+delete

Cheers, that does help, i was guessing the headache will be:

Scho said:
If it's got MOST fibre optic cables it's more of a hassle.

I'd do it myself otherwise, the centre console thing looks stuck on doesn't it.

It does have the MOST fibre optic, so i'm guessing there are 4 sets of speaker wires at the amp that i would need to run the new head unit down to?

Or is hard to bypass the amp?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back