Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm issue

SGH

Nurburgring
Usually park my 997 in my garage so never lock it but left it out last night. Woken 4 times with alarm going off so ended up leaving it unlocked, could this be a battery issue ?

If it was the battery going flat then you would struggle to start it in the mornings.

Perhaps look in the ash tray and center consol cubby and remove any coins or metal in there .. if the fault persists ill go into a few possible other things .

Ok if no coins in the ashtray then its not going to be the interior monitoring signal being interferred with .

next step really is a tester connected and look at the last 10 alarm triggers , not sure if durametric covers this so it may be a garage job with their tester to check this.

This will say what has triggered the alarm.

The alarm is sensing something it doesnt like after about 2 hours so interior monitoring or alarm siren spring to mind , siren has an inbuilt battery .. these can fail .. interior monitoring and its normally coins in the ashtray although the unit can fail.

Thank I have warranty so might call up Tonbridge and book it in but will leave it out tomorrow ands see if it goes off again.

I had left my mobile phone inside under radio could this be the issue ?

SGH said:
Thank I have warranty so might call up Tonbridge and book it in but will leave it out tomorrow ands see if it goes off again.

Definitely possible.

I had a similar problem in the hot weather last summer, the alarm suddenly started going off for what appeared to be no reason? - I confirmed it was related to the interior sensor by locking it with the interior sensor disabled (two quick succession clicks of the key to lock it.) - when the interior sensor was disabled, the problem didn't occur. I locked it this way for a few weeks in reality, assuming I would have to get the interior sensor replaced (under the handbrake) - but then one day decided to try lock it normally (with sensor enabled) - and bizarrely its all fine again? - I expected it to start messing around again with the all the warm weather we're having in the UK currently, but so far so good?! :)

Hope this makes sense.

Trevor.

Anything that can move in the car .. air freshener for example can trigger the inteior monitoring .. coins in the ashtray is another .. it deflects the signal.

Anything that transmits is another possibility .

Sometimes it is the sensor but its a bit unusual to have it go faulty.

Teffers said:
SGH said:

Definitely possible.

This.

I had ongoing alarm issues a couple of years ago, in the end found it was caused by leaving my phone in the car. I don't leave my phone in the car anymore and not had the problem since.

Still not had any time this week to try as it all tucked away in my garage. I will try with and without my phone in it first to see if this was the cause, thank for the replies. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back