Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Shedman

Hi there, wanted to say hello as just bought a 1997 993 Targa. I spent a long while looking at 997s but decided I wanted something with a bit more character.

Drove the car home from Cambridge to Essex on Thursday and once off the M11 I had a great time.

The car is standard apart from the stereo which is likely the way i'll keep it. More a fast tourer for me rather than something that will see a track very often. First long trip planned for next summer with a friend to take him to Stelvio so he can cycle it (whatever that is) and then meeting our wives in Lake Garda.

This is a great forum, really helped me get my head around what to look out for when buying and what to plan for the future.

Nice to meet you all.

Picture, will post more.

Attachments

• d82e7218_6db0_4f41_810e_21bb09de6b17_124.jpeg
    d82e7218_6db0_4f41_810e_21bb09de6b17_124.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 3,660
Hello and welcome

Really nice looking Targa, great colour too

Interesting that you opted for a car with character rather than a super smooth 997, difficult but nice choice to have!!

I'm sure you'll really enjoy owning an air-cooled car along with its many eccentricities!!

Welcome and congrats on a fine looking machine. :thumb:

The illuminati won't be happy with the refurbished wheels that haven't had the bolts finished in OEM Black... :grin:

C.

:welcome: to 911uk and to 911 ownership.

It's especially nice to see a new 993 owners as many of our regulars have jumped ship.

cableguy said:
Welcome and congrats on a fine looking machine. :thumb:

The illuminati won't be happy with the refurbished wheels that haven't had the bolts finished in OEM Black... :grin:

C.

Maybe not as standard as I thought then :)

AP90 said:
Hello and welcome

Really nice looking Targa, great colour too

Interesting that you opted for a car with character rather than a super smooth 997, difficult but nice choice to have!!

I'm sure you'll really enjoy owning an air-cooled car along with its many eccentricities!!

Thanks. I've always had a hankering for a classic (my dad had a DB6 when I was young, late 70s) and I think the 993 is a nice balance. I've never had an air cooled car too. I love the practicalities of a 911 as well, frunk and rear seats mean room for stuff on a trip.

T8 said:

It's especially nice to see a new 993 owners as many of our regulars have jumped ship.

:thumbs:

Shedman said:
T8 said:

:thumbs:
b

Yes,welcome. I've had my 993 C2 for a year and have really enjoyed it. I'm sure you will too.

Welcome Shedman and congrats on your new purchase ....... I am one of those who Terry refers to as jumping ship ........ :dont know:

I had my 993 for nearly ten years and I have passed it on to another safe pair of hands ....... in this world nothing is forever ........ wonder if you can get to the Fairlmile for the monthly summer meet ...... I believe there are a couple of guys come from there to the Fairmile.

Welcome! Your mention of a bike reminded me that the 993 has quite a lot of utility for a sports vehicle ;)

Attachments

• wp_20140714_11_46_02_pro_small_201.jpg
    wp_20140714_11_46_02_pro_small_201.jpg
    215.5 KB · Views: 3,490
Get yourself along to the Roxwell Hare west of Chelmsford on the first Saturdays of each month between April and October, great breakfasts and good selection of cars!

Thefinn said:
Hi there and welcome :wave:

Where abouts in Essex are you, I keep thinking we could do an Essex meet at some point as there are a few of us on here :?:

I'm in Rayleigh. A meet sounds good.

RobIpswichUK said:
Get yourself along to the Roxwell Hare west of Chelmsford on the first Saturdays of each month between April and October, great breakfasts and good selection of cars!

I keep meaning to get to this one as one of my mates goes with a 9e gen1 997 turbo but I never seem to make it, I should try harder :wack:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back