Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ideas for a 4 day trip

AngusG

Hi all

Any recommendations on destinations for a four day road trip?

I want to take my 'new' C4S on a decent trip, as I have done on each of the past five summers. Normally head down to the south of France and spend a day on the Route Napoleon and build in some other great roads on the same trip.

Wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

Cheers!

Drive to Scotland get the ferry from Cairnryan over to Northern Ireland then drive around the coast of Ireland starting on the coast at larne it's totally stunning loads of places to stop and see giant/s causeway being a must, free parking most the way round and the traffic is good just watch out for the bikers. :thumb:

Could do Stuttgart for the Porsche and Mercedes museums - myself and a mate did it in Sept over 4 days from Northumberland through the tunnel. Also would second the N Ireland suggestion - I'm originally from the North Antrim coast and its a great drive.

Cheers.......Ian

Thanks all!

Have done bits of Germany, Switzerland and France but not Austria - I'm interested - does anyone have any particular routes to recommend?

Cheers

AngusG said:
Thanks all!

Have done bits of Germany, Switzerland and France but not Austria - I'm interested - does anyone have any particular routes to recommend?

Cheers

Silvretta, Postalmstrasse, Rossfeldstrasse and Grossglockner are four that spring to mind, stunning locations.

My Sig pic below is Silvretta.

Can recommend Silvretta and Glossglockner, but be aware that they are toll roads.

AngusG said:
Thanks all!

Cheers
Austria in 4 days is possible but it's a long way there/back.
Have you been to the Vosges in France? Most people completely miss it but I always highly recommend the area - stunning roads & fab hotels.
Perhaps combine it Luxembourg, which is another of my favourite and usually overlooked areas, and you've got a great tour.
Neither of the above have the famous named passes of the Alps but both will tick the box of great driving roads.
Drop me an email if you need more info.
:wink:

Cheers,
L'rs

Just back from the Riviera, via Switzerland and Baden Baden. Swiss passes hard to beat and doable, I reckon.

My 911 is due end september and I have booked a 3 day tour of dales mid October. Incredible great value and staying in a stately hall. Chance to see Vulcan bomber on the Sunday morning. Think its circuit days UK? PM me and Ill send over Jakes detail as him and GF organise them

Ideas for 4 day trip

This is good to go for the trip to spend vacations. The best place to go for the trip is the adventurous places. Spending time with nature is always best it makes your relaxed and tension free.

Longers said:
AngusG said:
Thanks all!

Cheers
Austria in 4 days is possible but it's a long way there/back.
Have you been to the Vosges in France? Most people completely miss it but I always highly recommend the area - stunning roads & fab hotels.
Perhaps combine it Luxembourg, which is another of my favourite and usually overlooked areas, and you've got a great tour.
Neither of the above have the famous named passes of the Alps but both will tick the box of great driving roads.
Drop me an email if you need more info.
:wink:

Cheers,
L'rs

Hi I did Luxembouirg with Ian this year and it really surprised me. Beautiful, deserted and some epic roads. I still managed to get a speeding ticket!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back