Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Re-threading / repairing the studs in the wheelarches

9xxnick

Hi all

The wheel arch liners are located in a number of places by studs with - for want of a better description - screw threads on them, which have plastic nuts threaded onto them to retain the liner.

As with most of our cars, I suspect, mine have corroded over the years and now offer less than perfect thread for the plastic nut to grip.

Has anyone found a method of repairing or improving the threads on these studs so that the plastic nuts hold the liners firmly?

Have you tried them with new plastic nuts? The threads inside them get worn over time.

Yes, I replaced the nuts a couple of years ago with new ones, but they're still working loose on the worn threads. I agree it would be a good first step however.

Underbody plastic nuts

I needed to replace a couple of missing underbody nuts last year and I had these to hand, got them for a former Mercedes car. They needed opening out to fit so they might solve your problem.
eBay item number 322882041242 pack of 10 (£2.55)
Good luck.

Thanks for the replies. I had already ordered some new trim nuts (similar to those suggested) so they may work, and the PVC tape is another option I can try as a temporary fix.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back