Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 13
997 : 2004- 76
996 : 1997-2005 30
993 : 1993-1998 4
964 : 1989-1993 3
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 2
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 1
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 2
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 17
Cayenne : 2003- 3
Macan : 2014- 2
Panamera : 2009- 2
912-914-924-928-944-968 2
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 0
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
adamw
Estoril


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 3831
Location: West Sussex

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:08 am    Post subject: Spa 24 (July) or Spa 6hr (Sept) - anyone been - any tips ? Reply with quote

Hi all
I’m a regular Lemans goer and love a weekend away at a big European motorsport event.
Just come back from Lemans Classic which in a way I wish was on every year as seems to be getting better and better and has great atmosphere.

Anyway, we’re thinking of doing something new next year as oppose to just doing the 24 Lemans again and always fancied visiting Spa.
Looking at either the Spa 24 in July or 6hr classic in Sept.

Can anyone offer any advice and opinions in terms of these events and how they compare to Lemans.
Mainly on if there are campsites around the circuit (as there are in Lemans) that allow you to stay in the thick of the action.

Cheers lads - any tips or advice would be appreciated Thumb
_________________
02' 996 Turbo Manual Coupe, Seal Grey

EX : 95' 993 C4 Coupe ( Dec 10 - Oct 16 )
EX : 00' 996 C2 Cab ( Jul 09 - Oct 10 )
EX : 03' 986 Boxster S ( May 06 - Dec 08 )
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
T8
General
General


Joined: 29 Jun 2010
Posts: 15340
Location: Kent


PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

longers is your man for a one stop shop - for either/both.

See => http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123400&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

and => http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=126469&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
_________________
2007 Guards Red 997 Turbo Tiptronic
ex 2004 Polar Silver 996T Tiptronic
ex 2002 Seal Grey 996.2 C4 Tiptronic
ex 1978 Silver 924 Manual
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
hot66
Hockenheim


Joined: 03 Mar 2007
Posts: 652
Location: North Yorkshire


PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i usually do the 6hours in sept.

Firstly ... its nothing like CLM, in fact no other event is. Don't see this as a bad thing though. Having done CLM since 2004 , i actually enjoy Spa more , but for different reasons. Spa is much more laid back with no way near the numbers of people. The main race ( 6 hours) is for once a proper historic endurance race and not a 45min sprint .. so if you enjoy the racing then it is better than CLM.

Spa as a circuit is fantastic + you can walk around the full length of it with spectacular viewing points.

There is camping around Spa, but ive never done it. The weather can be unpredicatble. Plenty of hotels etc in the area though.

downside , The drive to Spa from the ferry is boring if you go direct. . If you run along the french belguim border there sre some good roads then head up to Spa from the south. BUT , teh nurburgring is only a 1 hour cross country blast so we tend to have an evening drive out there just to soak up the ring atmosphere on the friday
_________________
James

1973 2.4S
1993 964 C2

gone :
1967 2.0 SWB 911
1995 993 C4 Cabrio
2003 996 Turbo DMS
2003 M3 CSL



DDK
 
  
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
   
plynchy
Imola


Joined: 13 Aug 2004
Posts: 867
Location: Teesside


PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm heading over to Spa at the end of July for a track day (again).

More than welcome to join us Adam thumbsup

Failing that we use a hotel 15 mins drive from the circuit, clean, simple, excellent food and very cold beer at a VERY reasonable price.

Keep your eye on my FB last weekend of this month Wink
_________________
'02 996 Turbo Manual Coupe Lapis/Grey. Unlimited grins.
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
RichiRich
Suzuka


Joined: 23 Sep 2009
Posts: 1020
Location: Luxembourg


PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love Spa, it's a great circuit with a lot of atmosphere Smile

I go there for the Porsche Days event, which was in April this year.

http://www.spa-francorchamps.be/en/agenda/2018-04-20/porsche-days
_________________
2000 996 Turbo
Speed Yellow / Black

Ex - 2003 996 Carrera 4S
Ex - 1992 964 Turbo X33 (#777)
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
adamw
Estoril


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 3831
Location: West Sussex

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks all for replies

Terry - PM’d Longers

Hot66 - thanks for all the info most helpful

Plynchy - would love too but don’t think I’d get away with another euro trip so soon after Lemans Classic Grin

Richirich - cheers for the link

thumbsup
_________________
02' 996 Turbo Manual Coupe, Seal Grey

EX : 95' 993 C4 Coupe ( Dec 10 - Oct 16 )
EX : 00' 996 C2 Cab ( Jul 09 - Oct 10 )
EX : 03' 986 Boxster S ( May 06 - Dec 08 )
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
infrasilver
Fast & Furious
Fast & Furious


Joined: 04 Oct 2010
Posts: 8202
Location: East Midlands

2001 Porsche 996 Targa

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the Spa 6 hours last year and it was a great event, so chilled and access all areas with some totally stunning and rare cars just parked everywhere.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123168
_________________
http://euroroadtripper.blogspot.co.uk/

 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
adamw
Estoril


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 3831
Location: West Sussex

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infrasilver wrote:
I was at the Spa 6 hours last year and it was a great event, so chilled and access all areas with some totally stunning and rare cars just parked everywhere.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123168


Many thanks - looks great Thumb

Do you mind me asking what you did for accommodation at the event, camping or hotel?

Also do you happen to know if there are camp sites by the circuit with facilities like Lemans does ?

Cheers
_________________
02' 996 Turbo Manual Coupe, Seal Grey

EX : 95' 993 C4 Coupe ( Dec 10 - Oct 16 )
EX : 00' 996 C2 Cab ( Jul 09 - Oct 10 )
EX : 03' 986 Boxster S ( May 06 - Dec 08 )
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
infrasilver
Fast & Furious
Fast & Furious


Joined: 04 Oct 2010
Posts: 8202
Location: East Midlands

2001 Porsche 996 Targa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamw wrote:
infrasilver wrote:
I was at the Spa 6 hours last year and it was a great event, so chilled and access all areas with some totally stunning and rare cars just parked everywhere.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123168


Many thanks - looks great Thumb

Do you mind me asking what you did for accommodation at the event, camping or hotel?

Also do you happen to know if there are camp sites by the circuit with facilities like Lemans does ?

Cheers


Camping is available but not all the sites were open as most only open for the big events, we were a little worried about the weather so decided not to camp. We stayed in the local hostel and walked in daily, nice place and they have a decent bar.
_________________
http://euroroadtripper.blogspot.co.uk/

 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
adamw
Estoril


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 3831
Location: West Sussex

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infrasilver wrote:
adamw wrote:
infrasilver wrote:
I was at the Spa 6 hours last year and it was a great event, so chilled and access all areas with some totally stunning and rare cars just parked everywhere.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123168


Many thanks - looks great Thumb

Do you mind me asking what you did for accommodation at the event, camping or hotel?

Also do you happen to know if there are camp sites by the circuit with facilities like Lemans does ?

Cheers


Camping is available but not all the sites were open as most only open for the big events, we were a little worried about the weather so decided not to camp. We stayed in the local hostel and walked in daily, nice place and they have a decent bar.


Cheers again
I’ll try and go some more digging on camp sites..

How long was the walk from the hostel?
Any chance of sharing hostel details and prices (PM if you’d prefer) Thumb
_________________
02' 996 Turbo Manual Coupe, Seal Grey

EX : 95' 993 C4 Coupe ( Dec 10 - Oct 16 )
EX : 00' 996 C2 Cab ( Jul 09 - Oct 10 )
EX : 03' 986 Boxster S ( May 06 - Dec 08 )
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
treefrog99
Newbie


Joined: 19 Apr 2013
Posts: 33
Location: Derbyshire


PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used and would reccomend Camping eau rouge. i belive its open all year but I was there in May (2017). It's a nice a 10/15 minute drive from the circuit.
It's got both camping and wood cabins, cafe and bar, and heated floor in shower block (nice) and fresh bread deliver in the morning.
I am hopefully going myself love the circuit and in my opinion lots better than classic Le mans.
Trev
_________________
1990 964 targa c2
2003 Audi a4 tdi quatro
1987 golf gti

Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently.
Henry Ford
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
infrasilver
Fast & Furious
Fast & Furious


Joined: 04 Oct 2010
Posts: 8202
Location: East Midlands

2001 Porsche 996 Targa

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamw wrote:
infrasilver wrote:
adamw wrote:
infrasilver wrote:
I was at the Spa 6 hours last year and it was a great event, so chilled and access all areas with some totally stunning and rare cars just parked everywhere.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123168


Many thanks - looks great Thumb

Do you mind me asking what you did for accommodation at the event, camping or hotel?

Also do you happen to know if there are camp sites by the circuit with facilities like Lemans does ?

Cheers


Camping is available but not all the sites were open as most only open for the big events, we were a little worried about the weather so decided not to camp. We stayed in the local hostel and walked in daily, nice place and they have a decent bar.


Cheers again
I’ll try and go some more digging on camp sites..

How long was the walk from the hostel?
Any chance of sharing hostel details and prices (PM if you’d prefer) Thumb


The Hostel we stayed at is called Malmedy Youth Hostel and 2 mates and myself shared a dorm room for £90 for two nights. I think the walk in was around half hour but it was through some nice countryside, we walked because we had hospitality and drinks included, we got a taxi back each evening.
The hospitality was worth doing and I think this was only 10 Euro's each which included 4 free drinks but you also got to view the cars coming into the pits for their night stops and driver changes which was cool.

In fact I'm now thinking of going this year too as reminiscing has got me salivating.
_________________
http://euroroadtripper.blogspot.co.uk/

 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
adamw
Estoril


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 3831
Location: West Sussex

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

infrasilver wrote:
adamw wrote:
infrasilver wrote:
adamw wrote:
infrasilver wrote:
I was at the Spa 6 hours last year and it was a great event, so chilled and access all areas with some totally stunning and rare cars just parked everywhere.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=123168


Many thanks - looks great Thumb

Do you mind me asking what you did for accommodation at the event, camping or hotel?

Also do you happen to know if there are camp sites by the circuit with facilities like Lemans does ?

Cheers


Camping is available but not all the sites were open as most only open for the big events, we were a little worried about the weather so decided not to camp. We stayed in the local hostel and walked in daily, nice place and they have a decent bar.


Cheers again
I’ll try and go some more digging on camp sites..

How long was the walk from the hostel?
Any chance of sharing hostel details and prices (PM if you’d prefer) Thumb


The Hostel we stayed at is called Malmedy Youth Hostel and 2 mates and myself shared a dorm room for £90 for two nights. I think the walk in was around half hour but it was through some nice countryside, we walked because we had hospitality and drinks included, we got a taxi back each evening.
The hospitality was worth doing and I think this was only 10 Euro's each which included 4 free drinks but you also got to view the cars coming into the pits for their night stops and driver changes which was cool.

In fact I'm now thinking of going this year too as reminiscing has got me salivating.


Many thanks - will take a look..
Hospitality also sounds like a good option Thumb
_________________
02' 996 Turbo Manual Coupe, Seal Grey

EX : 95' 993 C4 Coupe ( Dec 10 - Oct 16 )
EX : 00' 996 C2 Cab ( Jul 09 - Oct 10 )
EX : 03' 986 Boxster S ( May 06 - Dec 08 )
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Longers
Approved Trader


Joined: 26 Sep 2015
Posts: 418



PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adam

Thanks for your PM and email. Sorry for not replying before now but I've been away leading a group of 34 TVRs and, randomly, a 964 (!!) around Wales. I thought it worth replying here so more people can read the following...

You asked about the Classic and 6hrs. Both are great. To me the easiest way to differentiate between them is that the Classic (May) caters more for drivers of classic/sportscars and the 6hrs (Sept) is a full on racing festival.

The Spa Classic is organised by the same people who run the Le Mans Classic so you get the same features i.e. club/group parking and Parade Laps. The difference to LMC is that instead of being parked a long way from the Paddock you actually park your car in the Paddock amongst the areas where the race cars are garaged. This makes you feel like you are really part of the event instead of being a spectator.

The Parade Laps at Le Mans are fun and it's a tick in the box experience to be able to drive the full 8.5 mile circuit. At Spa they are absolutely amazing! Spa is a much much better circuit to drive and seeing as the lap is shorter you can fit in a lot more than the 2 or 3 laps you are allowed at LMC. The cost of taking part in the laps at Spa is also a lot less.

More info on the Parade Laps (both events) is here.

There are plenty of races at the Classic to keep you entertained. The Saturday evening includes racing after dark (usually until around midnight).

The 6hrs is a different kind of weekend. There is a very full programme of racing on Saturday and Sunday. As mentioned in the post above, the highlight is the 6 hour race from 16.00-22.00 on Saturday. This does not try to recreate the atmosphere of an endurance race in 1 hour with a compulsorary pit stop, it IS an endurance race and it's one with a huge grid (115 cars in 2017).

Other races over the weekend include the Historic Masters F1s and GTs plus many others. Brilliant.

It is not possible to camp trackside at Spa like you can at LM. I offer packages at a family run campsite which is 1.5 miles from the gate, so it's walkable if you fancy a few drinks during the day, but don't forget it's just over 4 miles to walk a lap so that's a total of 7 by the time you're back at the campsite. Easily do-able over a full day but it might not be for everyone.

To get to the Classic I run a 5 day tour which gives you 2 days in the Ardennes on the on the way to the circuit, or 3 night packages arriving under your own steam Friday.

More info about the Classic is here and the 6hrs here.

Sorry about the long post but I hope it's useful. Feel free to ask any questions here or contact me Wink

Cheers,
L'rs
_________________
WORLD CLASS EVENTS AND TOURS

fasttracktours.co.uk

 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
adamw
Estoril


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 3831
Location: West Sussex

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2018 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longers wrote:
Hi Adam

Thanks for your PM and email. Sorry for not replying before now but I've been away leading a group of 34 TVRs and, randomly, a 964 (!!) around Wales. I thought it worth replying here so more people can read the following...

You asked about the Classic and 6hrs. Both are great. To me the easiest way to differentiate between them is that the Classic (May) caters more for drivers of classic/sportscars and the 6hrs (Sept) is a full on racing festival.

The Spa Classic is organised by the same people who run the Le Mans Classic so you get the same features i.e. club/group parking and Parade Laps. The difference to LMC is that instead of being parked a long way from the Paddock you actually park your car in the Paddock amongst the areas where the race cars are garaged. This makes you feel like you are really part of the event instead of being a spectator.

The Parade Laps at Le Mans are fun and it's a tick in the box experience to be able to drive the full 8.5 mile circuit. At Spa they are absolutely amazing! Spa is a much much better circuit to drive and seeing as the lap is shorter you can fit in a lot more than the 2 or 3 laps you are allowed at LMC. The cost of taking part in the laps at Spa is also a lot less.

More info on the Parade Laps (both events) is here.

There are plenty of races at the Classic to keep you entertained. The Saturday evening includes racing after dark (usually until around midnight).

The 6hrs is a different kind of weekend. There is a very full programme of racing on Saturday and Sunday. As mentioned in the post above, the highlight is the 6 hour race from 16.00-22.00 on Saturday. This does not try to recreate the atmosphere of an endurance race in 1 hour with a compulsorary pit stop, it IS an endurance race and it's one with a huge grid (115 cars in 2017).

Other races over the weekend include the Historic Masters F1s and GTs plus many others. Brilliant.

It is not possible to camp trackside at Spa like you can at LM. I offer packages at a family run campsite which is 1.5 miles from the gate, so it's walkable if you fancy a few drinks during the day, but don't forget it's just over 4 miles to walk a lap so that's a total of 7 by the time you're back at the campsite. Easily do-able over a full day but it might not be for everyone.

To get to the Classic I run a 5 day tour which gives you 2 days in the Ardennes on the on the way to the circuit, or 3 night packages arriving under your own steam Friday.

More info about the Classic is here and the 6hrs here.

Sorry about the long post but I hope it's useful. Feel free to ask any questions here or contact me Wink

Cheers,
L'rs


Thanks so much for the detailed reply Longers - very useful thumbsup

From what you’ve said, it sounds like the 6hr will be more for us initially. Love a racing festival!!

Also the main thing I really wanted to establish was on the camping / accommodation front from someone that knows the circuit and events we’ll. Sounds like you’ve confirmed what I’d read in that there is no real trackside camping akin to what’s at Lemans...

I would be interested to hear of the campsite you talk of being 1.5 miles away. We could maybe walk in one day and drive the other ?
Are you able to PM me a breakdown of costs for this (both 5 day and 2 day tours)?

Also, do you have any information on the Spa 24 event in July? Is this something you offer at all? Any information you can provide on this would be great too..

Lastly, is there a town within reach of the circuit? When in Lemans we usually enjoy a trip to Lemans town on the Friday to get away from the site for a little while and enjoy a few nice bars and a good restaurant.
Just wondered if there’s anything similer close to Spa?

Again, thanks for all the information so far..

Thanks for yr post too Trev (treefrog99). I’ll also look in to this thumbsup thumbsup
_________________
02' 996 Turbo Manual Coupe, Seal Grey

EX : 95' 993 C4 Coupe ( Dec 10 - Oct 16 )
EX : 00' 996 C2 Cab ( Jul 09 - Oct 10 )
EX : 03' 986 Boxster S ( May 06 - Dec 08 )
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
adamw
Estoril


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 3831
Location: West Sussex

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adamw wrote:
Longers wrote:
Hi Adam

Thanks for your PM and email. Sorry for not replying before now but I've been away leading a group of 34 TVRs and, randomly, a 964 (!!) around Wales. I thought it worth replying here so more people can read the following...

You asked about the Classic and 6hrs. Both are great. To me the easiest way to differentiate between them is that the Classic (May) caters more for drivers of classic/sportscars and the 6hrs (Sept) is a full on racing festival.

The Spa Classic is organised by the same people who run the Le Mans Classic so you get the same features i.e. club/group parking and Parade Laps. The difference to LMC is that instead of being parked a long way from the Paddock you actually park your car in the Paddock amongst the areas where the race cars are garaged. This makes you feel like you are really part of the event instead of being a spectator.

The Parade Laps at Le Mans are fun and it's a tick in the box experience to be able to drive the full 8.5 mile circuit. At Spa they are absolutely amazing! Spa is a much much better circuit to drive and seeing as the lap is shorter you can fit in a lot more than the 2 or 3 laps you are allowed at LMC. The cost of taking part in the laps at Spa is also a lot less.

More info on the Parade Laps (both events) is here.

There are plenty of races at the Classic to keep you entertained. The Saturday evening includes racing after dark (usually until around midnight).

The 6hrs is a different kind of weekend. There is a very full programme of racing on Saturday and Sunday. As mentioned in the post above, the highlight is the 6 hour race from 16.00-22.00 on Saturday. This does not try to recreate the atmosphere of an endurance race in 1 hour with a compulsorary pit stop, it IS an endurance race and it's one with a huge grid (115 cars in 2017).

Other races over the weekend include the Historic Masters F1s and GTs plus many others. Brilliant.

It is not possible to camp trackside at Spa like you can at LM. I offer packages at a family run campsite which is 1.5 miles from the gate, so it's walkable if you fancy a few drinks during the day, but don't forget it's just over 4 miles to walk a lap so that's a total of 7 by the time you're back at the campsite. Easily do-able over a full day but it might not be for everyone.

To get to the Classic I run a 5 day tour which gives you 2 days in the Ardennes on the on the way to the circuit, or 3 night packages arriving under your own steam Friday.

More info about the Classic is here and the 6hrs here.

Sorry about the long post but I hope it's useful. Feel free to ask any questions here or contact me Wink

Cheers,
L'rs


Thanks so much for the detailed reply Longers - very useful thumbsup

From what you’ve said, it sounds like the 6hr will be more for us initially. Love a racing festival!!

Also the main thing I really wanted to establish was on the camping / accommodation front from someone that knows the circuit and events we’ll. Sounds like you’ve confirmed what I’d read in that there is no real trackside camping akin to what’s at Lemans...

I would be interested to hear of the campsite you talk of being 1.5 miles away. We could maybe walk in one day and drive the other ?
Are you able to PM me a breakdown of costs for this (both 5 day and 2 day tours)?

Also, do you have any information on the Spa 24 event in July? Is this something you offer at all? Any information you can provide on this would be great too..

Lastly, is there a town within reach of the circuit? When in Lemans we usually enjoy a trip to Lemans town on the Friday to get away from the site for a little while and enjoy a few nice bars and a good restaurant.
Just wondered if there’s anything similer close to Spa?

Again, thanks for all the information so far..

Thanks for yr post too Trev (treefrog99). I’ll also look in to this thumbsup thumbsup


Any chance in that info on campsite (1.5 miles away) and prices for tours Longers ? Thumb
_________________
02' 996 Turbo Manual Coupe, Seal Grey

EX : 95' 993 C4 Coupe ( Dec 10 - Oct 16 )
EX : 00' 996 C2 Cab ( Jul 09 - Oct 10 )
EX : 03' 986 Boxster S ( May 06 - Dec 08 )
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Martian
Sepang


Joined: 18 Mar 2009
Posts: 2915
Location: Bury St. Edmunds

2007 Porsche 997 Turbo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

infrasilver wrote:
I was at the Spa 6 hours last year and it was a great event, so chilled and access all areas with some totally stunning and rare cars just parked everywhere.


I'd second that. I went a few years ago and it was great, also the atmosphere in the Casino/Rad' Blu area was friendly and buzzing.
_________________
Manheller Racing - Nürburgring
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Longers
Approved Trader


Joined: 26 Sep 2015
Posts: 418



PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Adam

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately I didn't know you'd replied to this topic because the auto notification emails had gone into my junk folder - apologies if you thought I was ignoring you! Email sent a moment ago Wink

Cheers, L'rs
_________________
WORLD CLASS EVENTS AND TOURS

fasttracktours.co.uk

 
  
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
   
adamw
Estoril


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 3831
Location: West Sussex

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Longers wrote:
Hi Adam

Thanks for your email. Unfortunately I didn't know you'd replied to this topic because the auto notification emails had gone into my junk folder - apologies if you thought I was ignoring you! Email sent a moment ago Wink

Cheers, L'rs


No probs Longers
Many thanks for getting back to me.
Replied to yr email - thanks again thumbsup
_________________
02' 996 Turbo Manual Coupe, Seal Grey

EX : 95' 993 C4 Coupe ( Dec 10 - Oct 16 )
EX : 00' 996 C2 Cab ( Jul 09 - Oct 10 )
EX : 03' 986 Boxster S ( May 06 - Dec 08 )
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
adamw
Estoril


Joined: 09 Jul 2009
Posts: 3831
Location: West Sussex

2002 Porsche 996 Turbo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all
Thread resurrection

We’re now decided on doing the 24 Lemans (again Smile ) AND Sept Spa 6hr.
I’m told spa 6 is usually mid-late sept but Is there a typical weekend that this usually takes place ?
_________________
02' 996 Turbo Manual Coupe, Seal Grey

EX : 95' 993 C4 Coupe ( Dec 10 - Oct 16 )
EX : 00' 996 C2 Cab ( Jul 09 - Oct 10 )
EX : 03' 986 Boxster S ( May 06 - Dec 08 )
 
  
View user's profile Send private message
   
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   All times are GMT - 12 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum