Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997.2 C2S Exhaust content; Vid's and pics.

neil_911

Afternoon all,

Been a little quiet on here recently, enjoying the summer sun in the 911.

Had a custom exhaust put on the 911 recently, As part of a company using my car as a development model to produce later systems with a few different options regarding silencing etc.

I went for the 2x silencer system and i bloody love it - Take a listen and tell me what you think! - The mic was spiking the pops and bang were that loud, so thats the only thing its not really captured.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKBXsrxQNvk

Attachments

• 34118611_884891121695423_7630325231764111360_o_305.jpg
    34118611_884891121695423_7630325231764111360_o_305.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 2,175
And another...

Attachments

• 34117953_884890268362175_9145525488326803456_o_498.jpg
    34117953_884890268362175_9145525488326803456_o_498.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 2,175
Neil, thats sounds great no raspiness , Its very similar sound to my Cargaphic set up which considering you are still running the stock cats and headers is very impressive. just imagine the gates of hell if you went 200cell cats as well :grin: :grin: the other very appealing thing is the fact its less than half the cost of the cargraphic valved set up I have. and aesthetically it looks like a piece of art. I would love to hear the single box option as well when they sell one :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Neil, thats sounds great no raspiness , Its very similar sound to my Cargaphic set up which considering you are still running the stock cats and headers is very impressive. just imagine the gates of hell if you went 200cell cats as well :grin: :grin: the other very appealing thing is the fact its less than half the cost of the cargraphic valved set up I have. and aesthetically it looks like a piece of art. I would love to hear the single box option as well when they sell one :thumb:

Yeah i'm chuffed with how the sounds come out, It's always a risk with aftermarket exhausts. I guess the advantage of CGR's design is in house manufactured silencers, So choosing the amount of sound deadening installed internally.

As you know Gen 2's coke up, so it's mellowed slightly with use. Which i think has improved the sound. The noise it makes when it shifts up with sports plus on is mega.

I think if i wasn't asking for my car back for summer, CGR could have developed a valved system, But its hard with the limited space between the bumper and crash bars - plus they're very much about not compromising performance and or gas flow through poorly laid out valves/piping.

You're right though, Value compared to akrapovic is incomparable when you're looking at build quality. It's all the time taken to back purge the system so the welds on the inside, look as good as the outside and don't impede gas flow

As others have said, looks great with sound to match.
I understand you've got the 2 silencer option, so what's your opinion of its sound on start up? I ask because I really don't want to annoy our neighbours - shared drive and all that. I'm wondering whether a valved system might be better for that reason.
Secondly, is it reasonably sensible when (say) pootling down to Tesco? I would feel embarrassed if the exhaust was LOUD at low speeds.
Finally, any drone at motorway speeds? This is my one real pet hate with aftermarket exhausts!

Also, great posts and thanks for sharing.
Mike.

Counter Of Beans said:
As others have said, looks great with sound to match.
I understand you've got the 2 silencer option, so what's your opinion of its sound on start up? I ask because I really don't want to annoy our neighbours - shared drive and all that. I'm wondering whether a valved system might be better for that reason.
Secondly, is it reasonably sensible when (say) pootling down to Tesco? I would feel embarrassed if the exhaust was LOUD at low speeds.
Finally, any drone at motorway speeds? This is my one real pet hate with aftermarket exhausts!

Also, great posts and thanks for sharing.
Mike.

Replied to your PM Mike,

As i mentioned privately, it's loud on cold idle backing it out the garage - but soon settles down to a low tone burble when the cat heat cycle is finished. I too have neighbours either side of me and i've been inside my house while its running and you can't really hear it. Just me being paranoid i think.

Pootle speeds its not much louder than the tyre noise and general cabin sounds. Doesn't bang or generate too much noise at all when in D. I can park up at sainsbury's and its probably not much louder than a V10 R8. Just that subtle deep rumble from a sports car. It's quietened down ALOT with use, as the internals have coked up.

My two silencer option does begin to open up when traveling at 80mph and above. It's not so much a drone, Just louder, I think the cam timing must change around that sort of RPM as the engine note does noticeably change. I think if you're doing motorway miles, the 4 silencer option may be more desirable, Or speak to charlie about increasing the size of the two silencers allowing more sound deadening inside each silencer.

I too have had many aftermarket exhausts in the past, from miltek/cobra etc. Its a hard balance between having a loud exhaust when you want it and a quiet one when driving normally. The advantage of charlies system over an akrapovic is the silencing really is up to you with a multitude of options. If you're not happy with a particular silencing option (i.e 2). It's not a great deal of work to swap it over to 4. I was tempted, but i simply can't get rid of the addictive GT3 cup car sound.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back