Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Silverstone Drama

Was Hamilton robbed of victory at Silverstone by an aggressive Ferrari team intent on winning at all

• No, it was just simply a racing incident on the first lap

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, Ferrari looking to punt out Lewis whenever the opportunity arises

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DRZ911

A superb recovery by Hamilton to get on the podium in 2nd position. Well done Lewis. :thumbs:

However, a very angry and upset Lewis Hamilton after the race yesterday.

Lewis is clearly pointing the finger at Ferrari and suggesting dirty tactics.

Is it all in his mind, or has Ferrari actively got a plan to get Vettel to his 5th title by hook or by crook?

If he hadn't messed up the start then he wouldn't have the guy from third alongside him at all. That can't really be planned for.

Great drive and an interesting last 10 laps for a change.

MC

I was there yesterday, and must say that Lewis did a poor start and a great recovery, I'm 50:50 on whether Kimi's punt was intentional.

However Bottas let the Ferrari through far too easily imo, and should have made it as 'difficult' as Ferrari did to them, if you get my drift....

Also it's a sad state of affairs when the Porsche supercup is far louder than the F1 race!!

This shows Lewis's trait of extreme high's in confidence, to the point of arrogance (like Michael Schumacher) when he's going good, as well as extreme lows and feeling hard done by when it's going bad........forgetting that he had a bad start and got caught in the first lap frenzy as many others do on a regular basis.
After the dust settles he will realise that after his bad start he had a fantastic to race to catch up and get 2nd.
Whilst it appears Bottas gave it up easily to Vettel, his defending up to that point was excellent and he was taking a line to accommodate quickly deteriorating tyres that would not have held the corner if he took a tighter line.

I know this because I was karting on Saturday and had a similar incident when a numpty ran into me from behind on a tight bend...... :grin:

Hamilton *****'d up the start and so got involved in the 1st corner scrumdown and got a tap. Raikkonen wouldn't be biffing him off deliberately, there is too much at stake for him and Ferrari. Hamilton then managed to regain control of him bottom lip and produced a really great drive to 2nd. Dunno why so grumpy, he had a great race. But, he is a grumpy,temperamental chap which is why there is so much love/hate for him. He can be very hard to like when he comes over as a spoilt brat.
I felt sorry for Bottas who had stayed out under the safery car, but had no tyres left at the end, he was all over the place in the last 5 laps.
Agree ref the noise, I went to Silverstone 3 years ago and the F1 cars sound pants, EVERYTHING else racing that day sounded better.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back