Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo for sale at OPC Bolton

Yes id say 42 on yours would be a good offer. However i was ofered around that for mine which would retail at around 53 at the moment, so I wouldnt be suprised if you got a lower offer!

arifg said:
Hi

Just need an idea as to what would be a reasonable part exchange for my 2009 Carrera 4s Cab - fully specced with PSE, Sports Chrono plus, PDK etc. 22500 miles.

Planning to buy this - To my mind £30k and part x.

http://locator.porsche.com/ipl-customer/ipl/details/details.ipl?cid=1
y

Don't expect a good PX from OPC :hand: When I was looking to trade my Cayenne they offered less than WBAC :floor:

Sorry to say, but knowing how OPCs use their calculators, would say they will make an initial offer of £35K.

But give it a go anyway, the OPC may surprise us all. :?:

so the offer is £47000. What do you think?

£47k seems like a good deal for your car to me. I would expect it to retail on their forecourt for between £47-£50k. I think I'd be taking that and buying that Turbo you want :thumb:

Try the car buying service called 'Revilo'. They might be able to get a better price. I have used them and is very good.

arifg said:

Have a look at the hand and bite it off? That's an exceptional offer

arifg said:
Brilliant offer. :thumb:
Go for it.

Update

So based on the fact that I have been offered a good price for my car, I am likely to go fo it.

Out of interest 1 other OPC also price matched the part X price.

I have very limited knowledge of turbos and my preference is a cabriolet.

The one for sale has dynamic engine mounts and PTV which probably helps; it being a cab.

Any advice from turbo owners would be very helpful.

[advice]buy one![\advice]

Seriously though I can't help much with Cab specs, other than maybe don't. But that's just me being awkward and biased :floor:

arifg said:
Update

So based on the fact that I have been offered a good price for my car, I am likely to go fo it.

Out of interest 1 other OPC also price matched the part X price.

I have very limited knowledge of turbos and my preference is a cabriolet.

The one for sale has dynamic engine mounts and PTV which probably helps; it being a cab.

Any advice from turbo owners would be very helpful.

Link did not work, but guessing it's the advertised at 82k late 2011 model year black one...

No view on cabriolets. But a 2011 turbo is in one of the quieter spend years if it's had the minor and gearbox services on schedule. That means the OPC won't need to spend on any services/maintenance as part of the sale.

Going by the service book, Next year it's likely to be due a major service, spark plugs, drive belt check, brake fluid change And "maintain and care for convertible top" whatever that means. Someone that's had a cab will know. Oh and replace tyre sealant...

If not getting it inspected I'd ask for it on a ramp, check the exhaust nuts/bolts as they are time consuming (read pricey) to have done, also brakes/tyres. Worth getting the tyres changed to michelins at the OPCs expense if they need doing (or share cost if it's only fronts or rears that need doing). And ask what the turbo actuator rods look like from a corrosion perspective and ask for them to be lubricated.

Otherwise there don't appear to be many major issues. Just push all the buttons, switches and check the cup holders. It will have the warranty but well worth getting everything done before you collect it Afterall.

And ask for 12 months road tax thrown if you have not priced it yet :floor:

Thanks thats helpful.

I have paid the holding deposit and will collect the car on Friday. They offered to pay the road tax.

Will get it on the ramp to have a look.

Do I need to check if it has been
over revved or is that a part of their 111 check?

Ishay said:
[advice]buy one![\advice]

Seriously though I can't help much with Cab specs, other than maybe don't. But that's just me being awkward and biased :floor:

Completely get that.
However I have a R8 coupe so its ok.
Have not had the roof up for a single day on the 4s cab in the last 2 months and its been wonderful. My first sports car was a 987 boxster and that got me addicted to cabs. Its an unmatched experience and makes up for the deficiencies of the cab.

Which brings me to the exhaust note. Got a PSE on the 4s and it was enough without the need for a bypass pipe.
However I guess will need something for the turbo.

arifg said:
Thanks thats helpful.

I have paid the holding deposit and will collect the car on Friday. They offered to pay the road tax.

Will get it on the ramp to have a look.

Do I need to check if it has been
over revved or is that a part of their 111 check?

PDK is less of a risk of overreving but still worth checking.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back