Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Centre radiator

Kbald

Hi i have started working through my list of jobs detailed in another thread and todays job was to whip the front bumper off to fit mesh and clean out. The mesh is fitted (loosesly) but eill need to find a better fixing solution.

The two side radiators were fine and new but the centre one is worse ror wear and thr lower fixing bracket is totally rusted and falling aprt.

From the picture would this radiator be to keep as it dowsnt seem to be leaking and i can just replace the lower bracket or is it a new one needed?

Thanks I will do I can't work out how to add it! :sad:

Slight hijack, I was on track on Thursday and the temperature was just shy of the 100 degree line - would a third rad bring this back down?

Thanks. Do you think the rad would still be OK though if it isn't leaking and if I just replace the bottom bracket holder?

The higher the surface area of something like a rad would increase cooling so yes a third rad would , your car doesnt have one as standard but i suspect one could be retro fitted .. its all down to any body work fixings .

Something i would need to take a look at before giving a 100 % yes answer :)

100 degrees though is not excessive , thats not far off stage 2 fan operation .. 110 and yes something more is needed .

Kbald said:
Thanks. Do you think the rad would still be OK though if it isn't leaking and if I just replace the bottom bracket holder?

If its not leaking then its fine ..

How long it will last is anyones guess though , i would go with a bottom bracket and a mesh grill and see how you get on .

Im not a fan of replaceing parts that are not broken though .

:thumbs: thanks will just get a new bracket. Mesh is on and the rest is waxoiled under there so hopefully will be fine for a while! Saves draining the coolant down to replace it!

Also does anyone know what this wire is for? There seems to be one each side!

Attachments

• screenshot_20180708_195749_842.png
    screenshot_20180708_195749_842.png
    2 MB · Views: 3,381
deMort said:
The higher the surface area of something like a rad would increase cooling so yes a third rad would , your car doesnt have one as standard but i suspect one could be retro fitted .. its all down to any body work fixings .

Something i would need to take a look at before giving a 100 % yes answer :)

100 degrees though is not excessive , thats not far off stage 2 fan operation .. 110 and yes something more is needed .

It seemed perfectly happy tbh, I just get the panics when the needle isn't pointing straight up. I doubt I'll ever get it hotter - it was roasting at Brands on Thursday and I was having a lot of fun.

@ Kbald .. that is part of a Tracker .. the antenna to be correct .. i doubt its active anymore and could well do with being removed .

The battery on it can fail and cause flat battery / discharge problems .

@ Dammit .. dont worry .. you have enough mods as it is :D

Before running increased power I will be running a third radiator. I will have the flow to it controlled by either an electronically controlled valve or an inline thermostat though. Mine regularly sees just over 100 in slow traffic.

MC

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back