Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Ceramic Coating on Wheels

FZP

I was chatting to a bloke on Sunday at the Porsche thing going on a Chatsworth House, and he was waxing lyrical about ceramic coatings and how east it makes cleaning the car. He just blasts the car with the jet washer and boom it's done.
This got me thinking this afternoon about my wheels. They take longer to clean properly than it does to wash and dry the whole car. Can you use it on the wheels or does the ceramic costing react to heat?
I need to get the wheel lips refurbed thanks to a peanut being on the wrong side of the road (previously discussed on Cheshire meet up thread) and would All being well, get the ceramic costing done at the same time before putting the wheels back on.

Thoughts?
TIA
FZP

He is right within reason,

1. Depends on the quality and application of the Ceramic coating but ive been running it for severals years on my wheels

2. Make sure your wheels are perfect or your going to lock in imperfections for the next couple of years as the coatings are hard to get back off.

Ive been using this.. its more entry level compared to other brands

http://carboncollective.com/product/platinum-wheels/

very happy with it and its still beads up 1.5yrs later... dont forget to do your brake callipers as well..

but in short it makes cleaning a breeze...

Have had Gtechniq C5 Wheel Armour on my wheels and calipers since new. Car is now just over 4 years old. Brake dust and crud just slide off with minimal effort from a sponge/wheel brush. Would highly recommend if you are after a high quality, durable and easy-to-maintain finish. :thumb:

As always, before applying such ceramic finishes, preparation is everything.

I had the new OZs ceramic coated before even fitting the tyres. It certainly makes a difference when it comes to cleaning multispokes. I also had the calipers done and they come up well too.

On my other car, the PlanetPolish wheel sealant works well, and is probably a fair bit cheaper than getting them coated if they're already used.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back