Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 TT Geo Settings ?

Gazc2

Magny-Cours
So the car is going in for its MOT in a couple of weeks and I am also going to get them to check the Geometry I felt as though I was getting a bit of high speed wander (Motorway speeds) just wondered what the wisdom was do you just go for the stock settings or any tweeks suggested to improve things ?

Gaz
The question you're asking isn't quite right. The factory setting is set up for a broad spectrum of users and their accompanying skill levels. The question you should be asking who should I be talking to about setting up the chassis to my needs.
These cars have loads of adjustment in them and can deliver you an amazing experience. I used Centre Gravity but it would be unrealistic of me to suggest them to you when you live up north. I am certain there will be an equivalent company up there that has a similar reputation on putting out quality geo set ups.
Someone will be along shortly, but I'd say you won't find this person at your local quick fit or similar type.

Good luck :thumb:

It's a long way but worth it. Had a small annoying noise from my suspension for about 6 months. Looked at several times by OPC, eveyrthing checked to spec ok. 15 min test drive with CG, car only made the noise once right at the end. Instant diagnosis, minor fix.

The guys are great at explaining everything in very simple terms.

The problem is that the factory/OPC alignment tolerances are quite wide, so that even an alignment to much more precise 'factory' settings is an investment which is worth doing.

I had my 997TT setup by Centre Gravity earlier in the year and whilst the old settings were well within OEM, the difference before and after was like night & day. Its now like a totally different car.

CG give you the advantage in that they can set the car up however you want it to handle. On mine, whilst it had passed an MOT they found a couple of worn rear suspension components and a couple of seized suspension adjusters.

Well worth it, and they do have people come to them from all over the place. Whilst I was there, there was a well used GT3 which had been driven over from Russia!

They have people drive over from the South of France, Scotland, Republic of Ireland. I did a 200-mile round trip to have my turbo set up by them.

Well worth a visit. Book via their website for all enquiries.

Thanks for the feedback gents I`m not going to manage down to COG at the moment the guy who does my mot is a racer of 30 years and has the full hunter kit so he knows his onions Kenny Brown through in Hillington is also excellent and very knowledgeable about Porsches.

looks this time it will be a once over of the components and keep it pretty stock and see if it improves things :thumb:

I had my car setup by CG and to my preference, not the factory understeer standard. The front end now digs in and the rear is fully adjustable on the throttle, no more winding the steering wheel looking at kerbs or hedgerow!

It's certainly more lively, maybe not to everyone's taste though!

:driving:

Attachments

• 2b82cf8e_4c40_4b11_9ee5_9e00b7ebffac_130.jpeg
    2b82cf8e_4c40_4b11_9ee5_9e00b7ebffac_130.jpeg
    167.3 KB · Views: 2,142
From memory, as to the camber, I've got -1.15 front and -1.50 rear for a pretty good set up from my perspective (to reduce understeer), with PASM, H&Rs & the TPC Racing DSC module.

I'm looking forward to the next time out on track, when hopefully the fronts shouldn't get quite so hot as last time.

Still want to add the camber plates at the front though.

Martian said:
I had my car setup by CG and to my preference, not the factory understeer standard. The front end now digs in and the rear is fully adjustable on the throttle, no more winding the steering wheel looking at kerbs or hedgerow!

It's certainly more lively, maybe not to everyone's taste though!

:driving:

Hey Martian, does your car have any suspension mods with that setup? i.e. coilovers or lowering springs etc?

Martian said:
No mods, all standard suspension.

Those settings are miles different to mine, which just goes to show how you can set the car up to reflect what each driver wants. Mines apparently setup to handle like an impreza according to CG, as my car spends 99% of its time hooning down bendy B-Roads.

Martian said:
rabbitstew said:
......Mines apparently setup to handle like an impreza.....

Generic understeer Rabbit? :D

Not sure, never driven an imprezza, but the front end on mine turns in really quickly now, and back just grips like mad when I power out of bends. Not had any under or oversteer really yet, in fact cant get it out of shape no matter what I try. On bumpy B roads it just goes in a straight line, no drama with the steering at all.

Im also running the TPC DSC box and MPS4S`s which both also made a staggering difference over the stock car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back