Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Single Trip European Breakdown

Jay Man

Monza
Need to get cover for Classic Le Mans, Can anyone recommend a company who will cover my 2001 996?

Really struggling to find anyone to cover it as its over 15 years old.

Can you not get one off moneysupermarket multiquote You can get classic breakdown quotes off there? Otherwise Pack spare belts, gaffer tape and plenty of euros. Also Make sure tow hook is present! I've been caught out without one before and it was nearly catastrophic

asterix_the_gaul said:
Can you not get one off moneysupermarket multiquote You can get classic breakdown quotes off there? Otherwise Pack spare belts, gaffer tape and plenty of euros. Also Make sure tow hook is present! I've been caught out without one before and it was nearly catastrophic

Done but none so far cover cars over 15 years old.

Ian1978 said:
The RAC should cover it i think, they did my 2002 996
Thanks yes tried them, they will cover it, £55 for 4 days. Its my fallback option, thought it was a little pricey.

I use ADAC it's for a full year and costs 89euros, whilst this is more than your single trip from others it covers you not the car. This means that any car including any that you are a passenger in is covered all over europe.
My car is a 1990 964. When I first took out the cover I asked about the age of the car, I was assured it was no problem, as it's you who are covered "sir" in any car. I have had to use them once, on the 964, in Lyon in France the service was excellent, battery tested and new one fitted without delay.

Best of luck

Trevor

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back