Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Sunroof Problem

gunners08

Morning Guys,

Could someone tell me if the 993 has sunroof reset procedure.
Mine is opening fine, and closes up to the point where the rear of the sunroof needs to raise to become level with the roof, at that point it just stops on me.
Any advice would be much appreciated,

Thank you.

Mine had this problem, with mine it wouldn't shut the last inch or so if mem serves.

Found out it was a small plastic clip near the front corner of the sunroof that had broken (there is one on each corner). I could still close it but it was a two person job as the part that had broken made sure the mechanism folded away to allow the sunroof to close, so someone has to manually push that down allowing it to shut .

wozy said:
Mine had this problem, with mine it wouldn't shut the last inch or so if mem serves.

Found out it was a small plastic clip near the front corner of the sunroof that had broken (there is one on each corner). I could still close it but it was a two person job as the part that had broken made sure the mechanism folded away to allow the sunroof to close, so someone has to manually push that down allowing it to shut .

Thank you very much Wozy, I'll give that a go.

gunners08 said:
Morning Guys,

Mine is opening fine, and closes up to the point where the rear of the sunroof needs to raise to become level with the roof, at that point it just stops on me.

Thank you.

Does it just stop closing or do you get any graunching or clicking noises?

I though the sunroof mechanism gearbox was broken as it made horrid clicking noises whilst attempting to close the last inch or so. In the end I found out that some of the bolts holding the sunroof gearbox in position had come loose and simply tightening these up sorted it.

I've also had the problem Wozy mentioned as well and also a variation on this where the metal aero deflector got slightly bent which meant that when driving at speed the sunroof would not close, but when stationary it would normally close. Fixed by simply bending the deflector straight. Also to prevent this recurring, do not try to close the sunroof when travelling at speed!

Andy

andyp said:
gunners08 said:
Morning Guys,

Thank you.

Does it just stop closing or do you get any graunching or clicking noises?

I though the sunroof mechanism gearbox was broken as it made horrid clicking noises whilst attempting to close the last inch or so. In the end I found out that some of the bolts holding the sunroof gearbox in position had come loose and simply tightening these up sorted it.

I've also had the problem Wozy mentioned as well and also a variation on this where the metal aero deflector got slightly bent which meant that when driving at speed the sunroof would not close, but when stationary it would normally close. Fixed by simply bending the deflector straight. Also to prevent this recurring, do not try to close the sunroof when travelling at speed!

Andy

Thank you Andy, much appreciated :thumb:

I had one of the plastic bars at the front corner break giving similar symptoms to yours. Part cost about a fiver and took 20mins to fit.

FdkJ4ES.jpg

gunner said:
I had one of the plastic bars at the front corner break giving similar symptoms to yours. Part cost about a fiver and took 20mins to fit.

FdkJ4ES.jpg

If mem serves, that was the part that broke on mine .... may as well buy the pair and change them both

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back