Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

919 Evo. 'Ring Record now 5mins 19 secs

99pFlake

Trainee
Looks like the 919 Evo has just set a new lap record

:eek:

5:19.55 minutes – Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo takes record

With 5 minutes and 19.55 seconds on the stopwatch Timo Bernhard (37, Germany) crossed the finish line of the Nürburgring-Nordschleife this morning at the wheel of the Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo. With this achievement, the two-times Le Mans winner and reigning World Endurance Champion has beaten the lap record on the revered 20.8 kilometre long German race circuit that stood for 35 years. On May 28 in 1983, Stefan Bellof lapped the world-renowned track with a Porsche 956 C in a legendary time of 6:11.13 minutes.

919 Hybrid Evo, Nürburgring, 2018, Porsche AG
The Porsche 919 Hybrid Evo is a development of the Le Mans prototype with which Porsche won the Le Mans 24-hour race in 2015, 2016 and 2017 as well as the FIA World Endurance Championship three times in a row – manufacturers' and drivers' titles respectively.

That ends the speculation that a sub 5 minutes could happen. Even so, 5 mins 19 seconds is incredible. :worship:

I notice someone on that twitter feed has mentioned what an F1 car might do. The fact that the 919 has also broken Hamilton's Spa lap record probably means the answer is 'not enough'.

I'm looking forward to seeing the 919 Evo at Brands' in September. It's due to do some demo laps around the Indy circuit. I'd love to see it go for the lap record there.

5:19.546 lap around Nordschleife for Bernhard in the 919 Evo

Porsche factory driver Timo Bernhard has smashed the long standing lap record of the Nurburgring Nordschleife, set in 1983 by Steffan Bellof by almost a minute... that is INSANE!

Average speed of 145.68mph over the 12.93 mile circuit!!!

Attachments

• dg11psdwkaaxtip_883.jpg
    dg11psdwkaaxtip_883.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 3,446
T8 said:
I'm looking forward to seeing the 919 Evo at Brands' in September. It's due to do some demo laps around the Indy circuit. I'd love to see it go for the lap record there.

Me too!

That old 6.11 was almost a piece of magic, and given how long Bellof's record lasted, it's hard to believe in a 5.18 time. Incredible. That was one hell of a balls out drive. 8)

the video is in

:eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Bouncing off the limiter at 230 mph. It looks like there could have been a few more seconds in the car.

T8 said:

The current record is held by Scott Mansell in an old Benetton.

I reckon the 919H could beat that on a demo run. :D

Sub 38 seconds required. BTCC cars do it in 48.

Absolutely mental, just saw an article on PH.

The amount of time he was sitting around 300km/h on stretches a normal car and driver would consider bends, mental!

T8 said:

What event is that, T8?

911UK said:
the video is in

:eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!: :eh!:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I have to say it : to me it looks like he is being conservative. I am pretty confident that actually there is more time in that car with that driver :eek:

It is telling that they did a couple of laps, went in for a chat and then just whacked out a lap 5 seconds faster with that one. Honestly, I think that there is an element of "that is enough, it'll do for the PR and to scare off the minnows from having a crack at Stefan's time" about it. Today would actually be considered too warm to be considered optimal conditions for a turbo too...

Just mental, in the best possible way 8)

What a machine :thumb:

Hi-jacked a large projector screen at work to watch it on and got tunnel vision. The engineers and drivers should never have to buy a drink again :bow:

Thanks, T8.

I too thought today wasn't the fastest conditions in terms of engine power or air density.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back