Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front wheel judder/ABS

Big Aid

Very odd and specific question-
When going down the ramp at work- fairly steep 15-20% there is a sharp 90 degree left turn. If I go down in neutral covering the brakes there is a slight judder which I think is the ABS. When I do it in gear it is not an issue, but I obviously don't need to brake quite the same. I think its the inside wheel (front offside), causing the issue, but not sure why I feel that!

Anyone else noticed anything similar?

The rear offside damper has gone and I'm getting both rears replaced, but apparently front suspension all fine.

Thanks in advance!

Aidan

I suspect that when you're in gear there's enough engine braking that you don't apply the brake to the point where the ABS thinks it has to intervene.

If the brake pedal bounces or judders slightly it is the ABS kicking in , an incline with a sharp turn and in neutral is the ideal conditions for abs to kick in .. probably the n/s/f wheel is looseing traction or slowing rotation to a point the car is actually applying the abs .

In gear and you have engine brakeing so you are not applying as much pressure on the brakes and the rear wheels will at that point almost be pulling the car downwards .

If the o/s/r damper has failed that will contribute to a n/s/f traction problem ..

You may well find that when the shock is replaced it doesnt do it anymore.

Anyways .. a car in neutral and moveing is a bit naughty :p

Thanks for the posts guys. Was hoping that was the answer, just after the damper going I'm convinced I've bought a lemon and it's going to fall to pieces on me!!

The neutral gear bit was only to test the theory out. I promise!! :lol:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back