Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Did they ever

gazbo666

Did the Carrera Sport Classic wheel ever come with the centres colour coded to the car. If they did. Has anyone got any pictures of them on a car. Ideally Atlas grey but any colour will do just to give me some ideas for the future when I get my wheels refurbed . :thumbs:

Do you mean something like this? When I bought my car the wheels came like this but lately I found out that there's a refurb company that seems to refurb the wheels and every wheel they do they make them look like the one in the picture below. Nothing different... so when ever you see a Porsche with wheels like what I have with the centre's painted and silver painted time edges it seems like their trademark refurb. Quite sad to be honest...

J

Attachments

• fb_img_1527881828905_909.jpg
    fb_img_1527881828905_909.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 1,588
If they refurbed my wheels like that I would kill them. I hate black wheels! each to their own though.

resigner said:
If they refurbed my wheels like that I would kill them. I hate black wheels! each to their own though.

You must need your eyes tested chum ....they are not black and what a way to reply to someone who responded to your post ....!

Have some decorum !

My wheels match the colour of my car. Not black. Zoom in or use glasses. They are dark grey.

J

Thanks for the replies. I was thought I've read that Porsche did colour coded wheels as an option. The wheels I have are two tone already. Gunmetal colour to the center and spokes and a machined finish to the rim edge.

My car is Atlas grey so I was thinking along the lines of changing the gunmetal to Atlas grey :?: It will be some time off as the wheel only have a couple of small chips on the spokes, I think these are inevitable as the spokes curve outwards slightly and it something I will have to learn to live with.

Thanks Gareth.

resigner said:

My car had the two tone wheels fitted when I bought it.. I believe this is how Carrera sports where from the factory. :? Maybe I should swap them for some plain silver one's so I can fit in :roll:

-- 997 -- said:
My wheels match the colour of my car. Not black. Zoom in or use glasses. They are dark grey.

J

I think they look good :thumb:

gazbo666 said:
-- 997 -- said:

J

I think they look good :thumb:

cheers gazbo666, when I first bought the car the owner said these wheels where an optional extra having it done in 2 time colour but i didn't believe him but didn't care cos I liked how they look breaking the colour down from body work colour! If they were silver standard I would have changed the alloys but am happy with them... 😁👍

J

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back