Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

200K miles 996.2 GT3

IanG1

Thoughts on this, £39K guide price and lots of money spent on the engine recently.
Stunning colour too, what do we think it will fetch?
https://www.historics.co.uk/buying/auctions/2018-07-07/cars/ref-26-2004-porsche-911-996-gt3/

2004 Porsche 911 / 996 GT3
Registration RX04 UYJ
Chassis Number WP0ZZZ99Z4S691941
Engine Number 63425794
Odometer reading 206,857 miles

2004-porsche-911-996-gt3-1.jpg

£28k engine rebuild :eek:

If a nice low mile one is £65-70k?

As a toy this has to be worth £45-55, trackdays with no worry of putting miles on or the odd stone chip.

:dont know:

Looks great, hope it goes to a good owner :)

Was this the one 911v sold a few years back? I know they had one in (possibly a 997 GT3) where it was a daily driver for a chap who did regular runs to the continent.

Big discussion thread on PH about it where the owner joined in

Zingari said:
Was this the one 911v sold a few years back? I know they had one in (possibly a 997 GT3) where it was a daily driver for a chap who did regular runs to the continent.

Big discussion thread on PH about it where the owner joined in

Yes, the same car. The owner went on to buy a 997 GT3 Clubsport which he racked up some big miles on. I almost bought the 997, it was a cracking example that totally belied its mileage.

I've had the pleasure of spending some time with the 996, it's lovely and has been owned, maintained and uprated really well IMO. In addition to the engine rebuild, it's got uprated suspension and sounds fantastic, intake as well as exhaust enhancements I think.

It was going round Goodwood at the Porsche charity day last year (fastest thing on the track on the laps I was in it, as passenger I hasten to add) and on another occasion getting to drive it for a couple of hours on the road that pushed me over the line to get a GT3 of my own. Sad and surprised that it's being sold but hope it goes to a good owner :thumb:

It's indeed a thing of wonder. And I've witnessed it giving a 997.2 turbo S a fright while accelerating uphill out of a bend. It certainly kept my 997.1 turbo honest :eek:

In fact I'd be tempted to swap my own turbo for it. I mean a GT3 you can use as often as you want for zero depreciation? What's not to like? :?:

Looks absolutely stunning - love the colour !
I'd be tempted by this (subject to usual due diligence \ checks) - even in a swap for my 70k mileage turbo :?:
As mentioned this can be truly enjoyed and the mileage can be bragging rights as sort of a 'badge of honour" :grin:

Hope it goes to a good home and goes on and on

Low 40's I reckon, if it gets a bid at all - nothing seems to be selling at the moment. I've been watching the market for ages and it's the same old cars still for sale. All IMO.

That is the one that holds the record for longest widely known life of a set of PCCBs on a UK car - when it first showed up as a topic of thread discussion it had well over 160k miles on it and still had its original disks. Given that particularly first generation PCCBs didn't really last that well under track use that very much corroborates the narrative that most of the mileage was simply plodding up and down main roads.

This is a good buy for someone. There is no issue with starship mileages on GT3s if they are appropriately priced - everything that can wear out can be renewed or rebuilt and there will always be enough retained value in the car to make it worth doing.

As for values - I reckon high 40s to low 50s. The kind of money that would buy a brand new Cayman, because there will always be a portion of the Porsche market that will say "buy why would you when you can get a GT3 for that".

A testament to Porsche.

Looks like a great car, however, considering it has just had 28K engine rebuild, full respray etc..etc...the engine bay looks a bit tatty :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back