Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

991.2 GTS air con not working after twang sound!

baxster

So I was driving at 5 miles an hour over some very shallow speed bumps and I heard what sounded like a piano string being plucked in the rear left hand side of the engine followed by some flapping. I stopped had a good look in all the wheels and couldn't find anything. I drove a bit further and the flapping noise stopped but the air conditioning stopped working. No warning lights no change in engine characteristics just the air con wasn't getting cold. Fearing a belt had snapped I called Porsche who advised me not to drive so got it recovered.
Porsche agree the aircon isn't working but cannot see anything wrong. All belts intact but point to a small stone dent on the front radiator which are of course exposed. They are saying that it may have lost gas through it. Just very concerned about the twang noise!
I fear my pants will be pulled down on this one!

Porsche agree the a/c isnt working but dont know why .. ok .

Porsche say theres a possible hole in the a/c condensor .. ok .

Porsche dont know why the a/c isnt working but think it might be because theres no gass ..

Perhaps ask them to connect an a/c machines and see if the gauges register a pressure ..

takes 2 mins .

Sigh ... might be better off takeing it to Halfords !

I couldn,t find an emote for pants down so instead used this one of you waiting for a sensible answer :)

:weed:

:lol: :lol:

They have pressure tested it and there is damage to the rather exposed condenser which is leaking. So new rad at £760!! Ouch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back