Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Electric seat stopped working

rob_p

Hi
I have the electric memory hard backed sports seats in my car.
The drivers side has stopped working - no electrical movement at all.
Passenger side works fine and I have swopped the fuses over with no difference so it's not the fuse.
Any ideas on what the next steps should be for diagnostics please?
Is this a common fault?
Thanks
Rob

I would have a look under the seat to check if any electrical plugs has worked it's way loose. Which I reckon that's what happened. But also get a multimeter nd test for voltage from the plugs. If your getting voltage and no movement despite all is plugged in then seems like the motor.. But first check plugs the test for voltage.

J

Assumeing you mean the electric seat wont move at all and not just the memory function then i would be inclined (as mentioned above ) to have a good look under the seat .

Main CU is at the front .

Its only 4 bolts you can then tilt the seat to gain access .. removal isnt really needed unless you want to .

Thanks. Demort - yes the electrics have stopped working.
I will have a look tonight.
Is there one control unit for everything or are there separate modules?

Single unit .. big black box at the front .

Wiring diagram is spread over many pages and only lists memory / comfort but the main inputs are shown below .. fuse E1 .

Attachments

• seat_1_175.jpg
    seat_1_175.jpg
    245.6 KB · Views: 1,628
All fixed!
Unplugged it and plugged it in again - all sorted.
Feeling a bit of a fraud but thanks for the pointers.

Thats the eqivelent of turning the computer off then back on .. a Hard reset .. fixes a lot of things to be honest .. these cars have about 20 computers im afraid .

vehicle handover also does it and is done with a tester .

Its fixed :thumb:

rob_p said:
All fixed!

Hi Rob, I have the same issue as you reported (Driver seat electrics stopped working, but passenger seat fine) - Which plug (and from where) did you disconnect/reconnect, in order to resolve your problem?

(Sorry, appreciate this is some time ago)

Thanks in advance
Trevor

TTW said:
rob_p said:
All fixed!

Hi Rob, I have the same issue as you reported (Driver seat electrics stopped working, but passenger seat fine) - Which plug (and from where) did you disconnect/reconnect, in order to resolve your problem?

(Sorry, appreciate this is some time ago)

Thanks in advance
Trevor

Ignore my question above.... its the big black obvious box right at the front on the underside of the seat.... also I can confirm simply disconnecting and reconnecting the plug at the front HAS FIXED MINE TOO!! Happy Days. :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back