Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sheffield, Chesterfield area runs/meets

ollster

Had my 993 for nearly 9 years now and very rarely see or here of any other Porsche enthusiasts in the area. There are some great roads on the doorstep so wondered if there was any regular drives or meets.

I believe there is a south yorkshire owners club forum that has meets but not seen anything on here for a sheffield/area meet for a while

If there isn't anything going on, just post up something up in the Meets section as an idea. To quote Kevin Costner from "Field of Dreams"....If you build it, they will come.

I'm up for a meet :thumb:
From Doncaster

Can't be many new 993 owners in Yorkshire. I expect the conversation usually stops after the first question. 'Ow much?'.

MC

Turns out there are at least 3 very nice aicooled 911's within a mile of my house as I met a the owners at Sheffield opc's 70 years celebrations yesterday! I'll try and organise a drive at some point and will post on here.

ollster said:
Turns out there are at least 3 very nice aicooled 911's within a mile of my house as I met a the owners at Sheffield opc's 70 years celebrations yesterday! I'll try and organise a drive at some point and will post on here.
Nice one Olster :thumb:

ollster said:

There are quite a few enthusiasts on here who live in the area. Was also at the event for a while, waiting for a burger, but eventually drifted up to Ecclesall Rd for my refreshments. Judging by what I saw drive up the road a few others also did.

Sheffield/Yorkshire area, Vanity Wagon Meet?

Well All,

I'm hoping some of you would be free Saturday the 28th July 10.30am to meet in Sheffield at The Florentine, 1 Tapton Park Road, Sheffield S10 3FG.

This will only get going if someone throws the first burger on the bbq so to speak. If I find myself stood in the car park Billy no mates, at least the effort was made.

I know there are quite a few Sheffield area Porsche drivers out there as I pass many and I'd love to meet a few of you, drool over your cars, pick your brains, chat about how you find it, whatever floats your car boat.

If anyone would like to joint organise, has any suggestions please feel free to pm me. The location is close to the Peak District and perfect for a little twistys over to either, Buxton, Matlock even Chatsworth and back.

Thought I'd set a date in the future so it can get out there and gather a bit of interest :dont know:

Well done U.R!
You won't be standing on your own I'm sure. Looking forward to the pics of the meet going up :thumb:

FZP said:
Well done U.R!
You won't be standing on your own I'm sure. Looking forward to the pics of the meet going up :thumb:

Won't be the first time I've been stood in a car park waiting for a date.

Having just read that again I now realise that comes across ever so slightly wrong :floor:

I meant it won't be the first time I've been stood up in a car park, oh sod it whoever makes it, will be good to see you :floor: :floor:

Whoever can make it and it's open to all would be good to see you

1. Urban Ranger

Location map for anyone interested

Attachments

• 04b0f077_4608_4422_96ba_030b34cc802a_172.jpeg
    04b0f077_4608_4422_96ba_030b34cc802a_172.jpeg
    651.2 KB · Views: 1,560
You never know, I might pop over the hill and join in. I used to work in Sheffield near MeadowHELL and Mrs P is from Yorkshire, so that should see me clear customs :floor:

You'd be more than welcome.

The flat cap has travelled beyond our borders and we've discovered has become common currency. You won't be required to produce one as evidence of former residency to get in

Hi All ,

Im from Sheffield and always see plenty of Pork floating about especially up ecky Rd at the weekend.

Im always up for a blast in to the Peak District after work or at the weekend.

Current weather is perfect too !

If anyone fancies a drive out over next week or two id be up fot it :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back