Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Targa roof

Alfieschauffeur

Well after a number of visits to the garage and every roof component other than the main frame (cartridge) having been changed out it has transpired that the cartridge is the issue, had a look online and there don't appear to be any anywhere.

Anyone know of any available roof cartridges or had any experience of getting these refurbished and any contacts for anyone who does this as it appears that they are as rare as rocking horse s##t.

If not then I may have a very rare 996 coupe with a glass roof. :sad:

Pretty strange for it to be the main frame but it does wear in the center section which is normally after it has been greased .

Is the problem thats its slow to move ?

I assume its had new cables and motors but did they fit all new feet / mechanism ? if so that will jam it , you use as many of the old feet as possible .. 16 in all .... that is actually due to a worn frame but its a work around .

post about problems i did a while back .

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=116450

They do at times come up on ebay .. last i saw was about a month ago for a complete frame .

997 is the same frame but its usually more expensive than a 996 second hand !

Thanks very much guys a few bits to look at, I think all of the feet were replaced when the motors were done bu tI'll have to check.

Fingers crossed this can be fixed.

Soory deMort missed your question abbout the failure, it's "falling" on the nearside leaving quite a gap between the roof panel and seal.

Ok theres a couple of things it can be ..

Partially siezed that side and its slipped on the cable / motors and so is out of alignment.

Something very wrong with the roof frame at the front section which is jamming the glass lift function on that side ( never seen that before and ive done over 20 of these )

It has not been set correctly when rebuilt and is out of sync with the other side .

Id be interested to know if the glass section actually goes all the way back and forward ? if so then its frame , which i have never seen or its been set wrong / slipped for some reason.

If you are happy to take a few pictures for me of what i specifiy then i can go further but with out that or seeing the car ( and your not near Brighton ) theres little more i can say :(

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back