Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Underbody panel mount studs - P/N?

Ghianightmare

Hi,

I removed the forward underbody panel to change the front diff oil on my C4S and the studs that partly secure the panel have turned to dust. I have looked at the various solutions on here and I also found the Rennlist thread where the GT3 had its unerbody restored by 9M including new studs and new studs would be my preferred option. Does anyone have a part number? I emailed 9M a few weeks back but I didn't get a reply.

Thanks

This help:

801-70.gif

http://www.autoatlanta.com/porsche-parts/hardparts.php?dir=996-99-05&section=801-70

:thumb:

Nope - its the very coarse threaded post(s) attached to the chassis. Not shown in that image.

There was a recent post here, sorry not sure which. IIRC it suggested options including gluing (JB weld) and welding on studs, it may have also considered drilling and putting in a stud. The thread was taking about underbody corrosion - probably on one of the restoration logs.

Have you asked your local OPC or Indy?

So I solved the problem the old fashioned way - I just picked up the phone and rang 9M - and they have the part (there isn't a part number) and they are sending me 20 for a whopping £1 each. Very helpful chap.

They come with a base so need to be spot welded, but in the short term I may just grind back and glue using appropriate metal glue - if airbus can glue an A320 together, I think I'll be ok...

@Maldren - thanks. I had seen the threads you are referring to, but I wanted to keep the original look.

Thanks all :thumbs:

Padraig

Try JB Weld, it's a really superior Epoxy.

Mike

Ghianightmare said:
Hi HSC,

Thanks for the response and help

No worries :thumbs:

Was just trying to help even though I failed :sad:

Glad it's all sorted :thumb:

Big head fasteners may work better with epoxy until a welded solution available. I guess carpets need lifting in places to do.
Ian

Ghianightmare said:
So I solved the problem the old fashioned way - I just picked up the phone and rang 9M - and they have the part (there isn't a part number) and they are sending me 20 for a whopping £1 each. Very helpful chap.

They come with a base so need to be spot welded, but in the short term I may just grind back and glue using appropriate metal glue - if airbus can glue an A320 together, I think I'll be ok...

@Maldren - thanks. I had seen the threads you are referring to, but I wanted to keep the original look.

Thanks all :thumbs:

Padraig

Hi, do you know what the thread size/pitch is? Mine are a little worse for wear but still attached. Spent far too long trying to get a panel back on Monday. Wanted to clean up the threads.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back