Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cooling fans/Coolant temperature

jockmog

When I switch the AC on with the engine running the cooling fans don't appear to come on. The fans will come on when the coolant temperature reaches the trigger point. I have tested all the relays and all of them seem to operate. How can I tell if the AC Compressor clutch is engaging and where is the electrical connection for the compressor? My Bentley manual says that it is on the left side of the engine compartment - a big help! The air from the AC system is not cold.
I have also searched for an article on how to use the OBC to get actual coolant temperature readings which I came across before but haven't been able to find it. Can anyone post a link, please?
Thanks,
Don.

Your fans come on regardless of compressor clutch engaging. Your ballast resistors are goosed. You can buy genuine ones at around £80 each or get ones from rsonline for £8 each. Do a search on here on what to do.

If the ballast resistors were faulty would that not prevent the fans coming on at all?

There are 2 speeds ..

First is A/C on OR engine temp of about 95 degrees.

Second is engine temp of about 105 degrees .

A/C on and the fans will run reguardless of wether the a/c system is actually working .. its a default to turn them on .

Resistors are the norm fault for no low speed / stage one working .

jockmog said:
If the ballast resistors were faulty would that not prevent the fans coming on at all?

No.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back