Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Boxster c.40k wanted for friend

DerbyJim

Imola
A friend has decided upon a Boxster as a fun weekend car.

I've given some advice and together the 'required spec' is:

Interesting colour - not silver or black, maybe red
PSE
Heated Seats
Phone / Bluetooth prep
Sports Chrono and PDK (though he may be open to manual as it's a weekend car)
Bose
Paddles not buttons

Nice to haves
PASM (wasn't sure whether to add this to the must have list?)
Rear parking sensors

What cars are out there that you recommend for this? I wasn't sure whether turbo or NA would be a better option for him - it's been a while since I've been in a Boxster.

40k should put you into a 981 Boxster or Boxster S with a 2 year Porsche warranty via an OPC. Plenty to choose from on the Porsche website should your friend choose to go that route. The 981 was the last of the N/A Boxsters with a 6 cylinder engine. He may be able to find a 718 Boxster for 40k private or through an Indy , 718 Boxsters are starting at around 43k for a nice car at an OPC.

Thanks Edge.

He's found a 718 for circa 45k without exhaust and chrono though. For me it would be a no but being new to Porsche he doesn't know any different. Might be able to get the OPC to add on for circa 2k.

Not sure whether to convince him to go for the 981 rather than the 718, both good cars - noise better in the 981 too (that's me coming from the 991.1).

If I can find him a decent GTS within budget then I might try to get him to go that route.

A basic 718 is a superb car. Doesn't need sport chrono or exhaust, IMHO. I'd take a leather dash over those as it really lifts the interior. And I'll kick myself for saying this but the 20" Carrera S wheels look fantastic and incredibly don't ruin the ride quality on the 718 or the 981.

DerbyJim said:
........ I wasn't sure whether turbo or NA would be a better option for him - it's been a while since I've been in a Boxster.

I doubt that he'd notice the difference between the two - apart from the 'manufactured' sound of the 718 compared to the proper noise of the 981.

£40k will get him a great car but the newer it is the more depreciation will hit. If that's a factor for him I'd advise getting an older, better spec'd car.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back