Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat belt beep in passenger seat

FZP

So today Mrs P was sitting in the passenger seat and didn't have her seatbelt on, but I'd already put mine on. As we drive off, I noticed that the seat belt chime wasn't going off. Is this normal? I'd say no, but perhaps may be a quirk of the 997.2

TIA
FZP

Ok so all is normal. Excellent. I did try and Google AWS but only came up with Amazon Web Services. Does it stand for A** warning system? :hand:

Automatic Weight Sensor.

As far as im aware its for the American market only .

Its the same for all Porsche models , the Americans for what ever reason need to be told to put a seat belt on :dont know:

I had my seat belt beeping coded to be switched off so if no belts are on the system won't beep. Bloody annoying if parking or moving the car up the road etc.

J

What a coincidence, I had same thing yesterday < passenger, no seat belt and no warning bong> thought there was a fault. Glad to know there isn't.
Could it be that the American passengers are sitting on the drivers side? :floor:

My dog sets the Range Rover one off by placing her head on the seat when travelling sometimes, catches me every time. :hand:

Very interesting. I have just had the airbag control unit replaced as I had a seatbelt/airbag warning fault. That is all fixed but last weekend my wife hadn't buckled up when I drove off and noticed there was no seatbelt warning. I was concerned that this was a problem as I thought the passenger airbags were disabled unless someone is in the seat.

The car knows there is someone there for the airbag system as there is a switch in the seat belt stalk .

But very true .. it does need to have the belt plugged in .

I thought there was still some silly regulation in the US that a car had to offer the same level of protection to a passenger regardless of whether they're wearing their seat belt or not...

99pFlake said:
I thought there was still some silly regulation in the US that a car had to offer the same level of protection to a passenger regardless of whether they're wearing their seat belt or not...

I think we can now say what the American AWS system is for !

Its for their market only and its to tell the car someone is in the pasenger seat , i cant say if you get a warning message / beep etc as ive never seen it but either way it would logically be for the airbag system .

Seat belt plugged in or not and the car would know there is a passenger and deploy the airbag in the event of an accident .

See .. i learn stuff here to :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back