Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Anyone had the Tandem pump replaced ?

deMort

Im curious to know if many 991 owners have had to have the brake Tandem pump replaced ..

More so from a break down or if there were faults you noticed .

Cheers.

Ok ..

Thats a bit of a relief as we have a 991 at work with a siezed tandem pump ..

That means its snapped the drive to the cam and left bits of metal somewhere in the engine which have yet to be found .

I was a little concerned this might be a more common fault which Porsche have been keeping quiet about and was trying to see if other people had had this ..

Obviously not :D

Do Porsche not sometimes use the old "failed to proceed" line favoured by RR though when explaining faults to customers. :dont know: :mrgreen:

Ive had mixed feed back from an OPC guy that seems to suggest there have been " a few " of these .

Porsche dont talk to us Indys :D

My interest was purely to find any symptoms that people should watch out for to pre empt this fault.

No one on here has had any problems and without any feed back theres little i can do in terms of generateing a usefull thread on it .

Its one ill keep an eye on as a total engine strip out of warrenty is something to be avoided !

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back