Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oh dear GT3 no more

Ken White

Spa-Francorchamps
Slight mishap with his GT3 the other day. Looks like he will be ok.

Attachments

• img_0941_107.jpg
    img_0941_107.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 5,454
  • img_0942_737.jpg
    img_0942_737.jpg
    305.7 KB · Views: 5,454
  • img_0943_741.jpg
    img_0943_741.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 5,454
  • img_0944_209.jpg
    img_0944_209.jpg
    282 KB · Views: 5,454
  • img_0945_186.jpg
    img_0945_186.jpg
    273.6 KB · Views: 5,454
  • img_0946_700.jpg
    img_0946_700.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 5,454
Rear nearside tyre doesn't look too clever.

Biker looks OK, no sign of the bike?

:sad: :sad: :sad:
That looks dreadful. Any further details on this anywhere. I'm sure this will end up in Bradford in a few weeks with an entertaining description. One lady owner....never tracked.

No definitive details on what happened. Not sure the biker was envolved and maybe he was just passing the accident. Anyway I am sure it will all come out in the wash.

Wow.... looks like he has been a 'Lucky' chappie ....

Testament to the crash zone structure of the GT3 .... looks like its intact .... bet he got a fright there ...

Gives me the willies looking at it.
No a nice experience for those involved at all.
Some speed was involved there.
Do we know the driver and or passenger is Ok?
I hope so

Considering the 'ski ramp' he launched himself off into the field and the distance he's gone he's a lucky guy, if it is a guy! Testament to roll cage, harness's and airbags, one GT3 RS less in the U.K.

Reckon he misunderstood what the rear wing is for... "Don't panic, this car's got a wing!"

Attachments

• flyingbea_167.jpg
    flyingbea_167.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 5,031
Occupant is ok - Just

Local chap, he knows the roads very well - this is a unrestricted road, appears something went wrong before the grass bank.

vroomvroom said:
Occupant is ok - Just

Local chap, he knows the roads very well - this is a unrestricted road, appears something went wrong before the grass bank.

Mark on road before ramp suggests that is the case. Hope occupant(s) are ok. Not something I would wish to experience.

Glad it sounds like only one car involved and he got out. Lots of large forces involved in that one.

Johnd52 said:
vroomvroom said:
Occupant is ok - Just

Mark on road before ramp suggests that is the case. Hope occupant(s) are ok. Not something I would wish to experience.

Agree looks as though the car was out of control prior to leaving the road. The road look pretty stright prior to the exit point but with a rise :dont know:

At the speed the loss of control occurred it was probably better the car launched into an empty / flat / maintained field to dissipate the energy more slowly that simply hitting a solid / immovable object such as a tree, very very lucky by the looks of it

Wonder if he had a Dash Cam?

Out of interest where did this accident happen, there was mention of unrestricted roads?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back