Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Roll Cage

Nervy

Hello You Lot,

I'm considering fitting a rear roll cage to my 997.1. Has anyone on here done this before, please?

I note that Design 911 do a cage (which is ferociously expensive), and I can also see that there's a company on eBay that do bespoke cages for about £700, but I'm looking for peoples experience in fitting one to a 997 at all, if possible (I have done a search but can't find anything). It'd need to be a bolt in rather than than weld in as I'd want to revert the car to standard at some point.

By the way, I have no need of a cage and will never be taking the car on track. I'm just a total penis who can't leave things well enough alone who secretly thinks that ALL things look better with a roll cage in.

Thanks in advance, folks. Sorry for being a penis.
N.

I'm no help at all in answering your question, but wanted to chime in and say I'm also a nobber who thinks roll cages make (proper*) cars look cool.

*does not count a 1.3 Corsa as a proper car

:thumb:

Look at Safety Devices they do a half cage for around £600.

The guys off e-bay are apparently difficult to deal with.

Porsche do a techquip cage, which is actually more of a harness bar for circa £1500.

Search the 996 forum, let's of info there.

DrJimBone said:
I'm no help at all in answering your question, but wanted to chime in and say I'm also a nobber who thinks roll cages make (proper*) cars look cool.

*does not count a 1.3 Corsa as a proper car

:thumb:

Top man. Us idiots need to stick together.

crash7 said:
Look at Safety Devices they do a half cage for around £600.

The guys off e-bay are apparently difficult to deal with.

Porsche do a techquip cage, which is actually more of a harness bar for circa £1500.

Thanks Crash, that's ace. I'll have a look.

Is the 996 cage the same as the 997 then?

I fitted a tech equipment rear cage all be it in a 996 , wasnt difficult and a very good price from Porsche :thumbs:

BHZ661 said:
I fitted a tech equipment rear cage all be it in a 996 , wasnt difficult and a very good price from Porsche :thumbs:

I fitted one in my last two 996s too, albeit I'd not bought them from Porsche.

Do you happen to know if the 996 cage is the same as the 997? They seem a bit more abundant second hand.

crash7 said:

I must be being dense, as I can't find a thing, other than the occasional mention in more general threads.

With fitting a rear cage in a 996/997 do you presumably have to drill holes through the floor of the car in order to bolt it in? At least thats what ive had to do in previous cars and adding some re-enforcement steel plates.

Drop Turbojim997 a pm his brother Matt has an engineering business and has made custom designed roll cages :thumb: :thumb: get exactilly what you want for less than the off the shelf jobs :thumb:

Are you going to be wearing a helmet everytime you go out in the car? It's very easy to bang your head on a cage even through medium speed cornering, moreso for a passenger.

You'll soon tire of having either a sore neck or head in no time at all.

Martian said:
You'll tire of having either a sore neck or head in no time at all.

For a *rear* roll cage?

Is this cage going to be Riv blue by an chance? :D

G2 said:
Is this cage going to be Riv blue by an chance? :D

GET OUT OF MY HEAD YOU MONSTER!*

* yes, obviously. Because I'm a penis. I love how well you know my by the way :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back