Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Jacking points

AndyS

Hello all. I'm sure this has been asked before.......
I want to put my car in the air and remove all the wheels while I do some stuff.
I have a good low profile jack, and a couple of sets of good 1.5 ton ratchet axle stands.

My question is - what is the process?

If you lift the car on the jack point with the jack - where does the stand go?

Attachments

• scissor_lift_666.jpg
    scissor_lift_666.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 1,836
AndyS said:
Hello all. I'm sure this has been asked before.......
I want to put my car in the air and remove all the wheels while I do some stuff.
I have a good low profile jack, and a couple of sets of good 1.5 ton ratchet axle stands.

My question is - what is the process?

If you lift the car on the jack point with the jack - where does the stand go?

I have a 2 ton small trolley jack. If you look at the rear jacking points you can lift the car on the inner point and then slip in the axle stand on the outer point. Lifting the car from the back up high will also bring the front wheel off the ground allowing you to place another axle stand on the front. Repeat for the other side.

ATB :)

I have a good quality commercial grade jack. Any reason you can't get the car in the air, one wheel at a time and not use stands?

decgraham said:
I have a 2 ton small trolley jack. If you look at the rear jacking points you can lift the car on the inner point and then slip in the axle stand on the outer point. Lifting the car from the back up high will also bring the front wheel off the ground allowing you to place another axle stand on the front. Repeat for the other side.

ATB :)

Thanks - I'll take a look at that option. I didn't realise the jacking point was big enough for both a jack and a stand?

highway said:
I have a good quality commercial grade jack. Any reason you can't get the car in the air, one wheel at a time and not use stands?

I have some new sill covers to fit, and wanted to get the wheels and arch liners off at the same time. Don't really fancy relying on a hydraulic jack for the day if I'll be under the car - and I'll need to use the jack to hold the sill covers in place while I fit them.
However, I can just do one side at a time - but I still want to use stands.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back