Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mini whale tail for the 996

Thanks. :thumb:

I need to google the cure for spoiler-addiction, too. :D

Liking that a lot. The guys who make these in the US make a bunch of other stuff and all out of PU not fibreglass . EDIT - they do ship internationaly : I stand corrected.

I think it looks really good TBH and I'm not normally a fan of body mods

coullstar said:
I just bought the ducktail they do and they shipped direct to my house..

That's good, how much Was The shipping?

With the ducktail I guess you get a spoiler warning light unless you change the wiring harness?

Correct, Im assuming its just a light on and not a sound?

I and another did a deal for ordering two. Cant remember offhand for postage etc to be honest but Im sure ot was less than £100 all in inc customs.
They did mark down the cost a little for customs to help.

Yes, just the spoiler warning light will come on when the spoiler does not lift because it's now a duck tail. Same as for when folk fit a full on fixed rear Aero lid. You can get a new wiring section for the rear lid which tells the sensors not to worry and no light comes on. It's about 100quid IIRC off design911 probably cheaper direct from an OPC.

I'd assumed that this new spoiler section just sticks onto the existing unit, and raises and lowers as normal. What am I missing?

I think they've moved on to the ducktail on offer by the company rather than the mini whale tail hence the chat about warnings etc.

Dammit said:
I'd assumed that this new spoiler section just sticks onto the existing unit, and raises and lowers as normal

Absolutely correct.

Coullstar just bought the ducktail from gt3tek not the mini whale tail add on which started this thread.

The ducktail replaces the pop up spoiler, the mini whale tail attaches to the pop up spoiler.

Double post

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back