Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

relay question ( convertible hood wont go up )

Exelzion

Trainee
Hi, can i swap my spoiler relay for the convertible hood relay, just so i can test?

I had some work elec work done yesterday (dashcam and goprocam installed on car ) and now my roof wont convert.
They said it wasnt them, but nothing i can do prove it was working before hand.

if anyone can show me a diagram or something to allow me to swap a relay over, just so i can try and replace it with my roof relay to get it to work, then if it works i can buy a new relay.

any help would be extremely appreciated

I dont think there is a relay for the convertable hood as such .. theres one for the heated window though :dont know:

Ill sort a diagram later but in the mean time can you check the handbrake light comes on to prove its not that as if the handbrake is not on and the switch actually working then it wont operate.

Check any fuses for it .. D3 is the main one for the conv . top control unit .

Can you also say .. does the roof move at all ? any noises like its trying to operate or is it just totally dead ?

Attachments

• top2_1_153.jpg
    top2_1_153.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 1,100
  • top1_1_139.jpg
    top1_1_139.jpg
    481.2 KB · Views: 1,100

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members