Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alloy Wheel Refurb Colour Suggestions!

chowgar

Spa-Francorchamps
Fellow forumites,

Please provide some suggestions, with images preferably, for a colour change to my carrera classic 19's, which I'm about to have refurbished.

My car is black and I'm edging towards a titan grey. Not sure whether to go for a satin or gloss finish, or any other finish you may be aware of. Thanks.

Gold :D

benbuhagiar said:

Weiss Gold could be a good shout, very subtle colour :thumb: 8)

weebz said:
benbuhagiar said:

Weiss Gold could be a good shout, very subtle colour :thumb: 8)

kubatec-147345-kopie.jpg

Plus 3 for weiss gold , its very in for Porsches and so subtle a great alternative to varients of silver :thumb: :thumb:

Attachments

• exel051_zpsa27fabf9_315.jpg
    exel051_zpsa27fabf9_315.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 4,124

Another example of weissgold, this is on Atlas.

OP, why not contact Chris W, exel wheels. He could talk you through a host of different colour options that he would have already used on various wheel types on a variety of 911's.

No doubt Weissgold is a great colour and suits a GT3 or lowered and winged Turbo very well, however I think you'd need a good photoshop to convince that it looks just as good on a standard Carrera.

Have you got a pic of your car as it is now?

C.

Am just going down this route at the moment.... Chris at Exel is your man! Chris knows his cars and what colours work well on style of wheel and model of car! I am currently having mine re done platinum satin with a chrome rim - will post some pics when I get them back!

I'm also considering changing the colour of the GT2 wheels on my car. Thanks for the suggestions on weiss gold, I had not considered that before :)

Gold made me laugh, reminding me of my old Scooby, but it suited the car cos it was so loud in every bloody way.

Weiss gold is nice and quite subtle, but I don't think my humble 997.1 S will be suited. I don't want to go too dark, as I think the wheels contrast nicely with the basalt black bodywork.

I did think of Platinum silver, but it's normally in a satin finish.

Heck, this is doing my head in and I might just paint them lime green!

On another topic,

I'm very tempted to sell up soon and either start looking for a 997.1 Turbo or going totally off radar and buying a new BMW M2 Competition, which are coming out later this year. They have been highly reviewed as the best M cars in years.

It's just that when I drive my wife's new Golf GTI with DSG auto box and loads of luxuries, I feel like getting some of this jazz for my next ride.

You could try plastidip in grey or gold as a cheap 'try before you buy' for a couple of weeks before the refurb....?

It's meant to just peel off.

Unlikely you'll find Weiss gold though.

IMO standard silver or Weiss gold.

Lime green , now your talking in Porsche speak its acid green :grin: :grin:

Attachments

• 28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_140.jpg
    28685658252_5637ed60a0_c_140.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 3,912
  • img_1332_182.jpg
    img_1332_182.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 3,912
  • img_0439_198.jpg