Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo gear knob

Good spot.
Phil will be along shortly, or would be if he''d not just got one.....

jonno_ said:
Good spot.
Phil will be along shortly, or would be if he''d not just got one.....

I don't think it's the same as Phils, i've not seen one of these before.

I spotted that, its the turbo one not the X97 I have one of these in the garage I was going to use it but unlike the X97 thats billet, the turbo one is aluminium , they are nicer than the stock knob which is plastic but not sure on £199 at £100 it would be a decent buy and a nice little upgrade the gear gate on the top has been painted similar to what I did to my old alcantara one :thumb: :thumb:

the turbo ones are only £215 plus vat new which is why at £100 is would be a decent buy but at £199 used its overpriced

https://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod13234/Gearshift-Knob-Leather-Porsche-997-Turbo/

Attachments

• img_2253_187.jpg
    img_2253_187.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 2,601
  • img_2615_169.jpg
    img_2615_169.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 2,601
  • img_2675_776.jpg
    img_2675_776.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 2,601
  • img_2673_167.jpg
    img_2673_167.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 2,601
  • 99742407550fotlr_142.jpg
    99742407550fotlr_142.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 2,596
Didnt realise these were rare. My turbo came with the same knob. I replaced it with a GT2/GT3 knob and left my original on a shelf in the garage gathering dust.

Not so different from a standard knob that only the keen eyed would notice!

Phil's knob on the other hand is much nicer, was admiring it in Germany :lol:

DucatiRob said:

Rob, I thought I spotted you looking admiringly at my knob in Germany mate :grin: although Harley Quinn was sat next to me at the time
my knob will again be on display at simply porsche :wink: :) :D

Phil 997 said:
DucatiRob said:

Rob, I thought I spotted you looking admiringly at my knob in Germany mate :grin: although Harley Quinn was sat next to me at the time
my knob will again be on display at simply porsche :wink: :) :D

And I thought I got away with it!

Oh dear, what a can of worms :D

Boba fett said:
That is a standard 997.1 Turbo manual gearknob.

Not rare at all.

Sorry guys I'd not seen one before but then I'm not that experienced :thumb:

Boba fett said:

Not rare at all.

Boba mate not rare if you have a turbo mate :grin: :grin: but you dont see then come up used very often for mere mortals to aquire so in that respect quite rare :grin: :grin: :thumb:

Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:

Not rare at all.

Boba mate not rare if you have a turbo mate :grin: :grin: but you dont see then come up used very often for mere mortals to aquire so in that respect quite rare :grin: :grin: :thumb:

They are just £230 new from OPC and you get the leather gator as well. Its a Porsche bargain to be honest.l

Boba fett said:
Phil 997 said:
Boba fett said:

Not rare at all.

They are just £230 new from OPC and you get the leather gator as well. Its a Porsche bargain to be honest.l

I have to agree they are much nicer than the stock plastic ones and £230 is a decent price for an aluminium knob and not the hugely inflated price of the X97 knob. I think the turbo and the alcantara knob are the nicest best priced of the OE knobs . I think everyones wife whos struggling to think of a xmas , birthday gift should consider doing something with their hubbys knob . its a nice finishing touch to the cockpit :grin: :thumb:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back