Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Original Fiat 500

kas750

I fear I may of missed the boat with these but I really do fancy one as my next project.

I want one as well chum and did think about buying one in Italy and driving it home - which would be a challenge with my chalfonts put at risk. However there are a few 'technical issues' regarding reg plates belonging to owners not cars which made the whole process confusing.

Having said that it's probably the cheapest place to buy one :dont know:

Zingari said:
I want one as well chum and did think about buying one in Italy and driving it home - which would be a challenge with my chalfonts put at risk. However there are a few 'technical issues' regarding reg plates belonging to owners not cars which made the whole process confusing.

Having said that it's probably the cheapest place to buy one :dont know:

I had thought about going that route but as you say there can be an enormous amount of red tape to wade through :roll:

I have viewed a few "UK" cars over the years but they suffer horrific rot in our climate. :nooo:

reminds me of a trip to Italy about 10 years ago when we saw a very old one of these in dark blue, pootle slowly up to a church, driven by an ancient nun. She tried valiantly to park the car near a wall by only going in forwards and then attempting to shuffle it back into place. But nothing she could muster would get her closer than about 5 feet from the wall and therefore blocking the narrow road.

After about six unsuccessful attempts being witnessed by several onlookers, one of them stepped forward, gently tapped on the side screen and begged her to let him park it for her.

It was a peach of a car - with the lovely patina of age and not a sign of rust.

:thumbs:

RichyD (wizard993 got one too) imported one and was going to drive it back but ended up getting it transported. There are so many actually still in use in Southern Italy that they are cheap still.

Saw loads around in Sorrento just dotted around the streets.

40386972360_47c1a8e8a7_c.jpg

41293493485_7eef4b6de9_c.jpg

Many years ago(I'm one of the elderly me,bears) a girl I worked with had one. Four of us crammed into it every Friday lunchtime to go to the pub. I loved it would have one tomorrow if I could. Superb fun :thumb:

Right chaps a serious search is now underway.
Any help gratefully received :thumbs:

kas750 said:

Autoscout24.com if you fancy an overseas jaunt. :thumb:

Zingari said:
kas750 said:

Autoscout24.com if you fancy an overseas jaunt. :thumb:
Too many searches for Alfa GTV6 in my history on that app amongst other cars.

In 1976 I wrote off my Viva van and needed a quick, cheap replacement. I bought a Fiat 600D, the worst car I ever owned. Yes it was old and a bit of a wreck but in every respect, it was awful to drive!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smiggles772
Back