Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Fault Code and CEL

Eldavo

Spa-Francorchamps
Was heading home from PCGB meeting last night, 10 mins into drive home on a chilly evening, had just had a blast down some A-roads and onto the motorway when I came into a 50mph zone, clicked on the Cruise and the CEL came on in Orange but car ran normally.

I've got an Android Head Unit with the Torque App And a Bluetooth OBD dongle so scanned for fault codes and came up with P0430 - Catalyst System Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 2. Cleared it and it didn't come back on.

I know that this is the secondary post-cat O2 sensor throwing up the code hence no effect on running of the car. O2 sensors were replaced when TopGear 200 cell cats where fitted in last 3000 Miles. Recently had stainless manifolds fitted in case that's a pertinent bit of info.

My limited research says don't worry and monitor it but I'm headed out to the Ring in a week's time and don't want any reliability nigglesnin the back of my head!

Just keep your eye on it but should be fine. You might want to record data on your head unit for both banks and compare over time.

Ta Alex - think there's a menu where I can monitor and log O2 voltage in real time. Will do that and hopefully get some insight as to whether it's a sensor fault, cat fault or just a blip.

Save the planet stuff with the Cat being the most likely cause .. its not getting fired up as quick as the other bank .

Only way a Cat will cause running issues is if its blocked .. misfire .. fuel igniteing in the cat and melting it etc etc .

Ta - will keep an eye on it and not worry about it then :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back