Welcome to 911UK
The only place for Porsche, 911uk is the definitive enthusiast and resource site for the Porsche 911.
Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so join up today for full access to the site and benefit from latest member offers.

Porsche Classifieds
Porsche Buyers Guides
Sell Your Porsche on 911uk
Create a Free Classified Advert
Search Ads
Classified Adverts FAQ
Trade Classified Information
Buyer & Seller Fraud Protection
Consumer Rights Act
Pre Purchase Inspection (PPI)
Porsche Car Sourcing
Porsche Cars Wanted
Official Porsche Centre Reviews
Model
Stock
Porsche 911
991 : 2011- 19
997 : 2004- 87
996 : 1997-2005 43
993 : 1993-1998 5
964 : 1989-1993 2
Carrera 3.2 : 1983-1989 0
Carrera SC : 1977-1983 2
930 Turbo : 1975-1989 0
Early 911 : 1964-1977 3
Porsche Other Models
Classic : 1950-1965 0
Boxster : 1997- 14
Cayman : 2005- 14
Cayenne : 2003- 7
Macan : 2014- 0
Panamera : 2009- 1
912-914-924-928-944-968 1
959 - CarreraGT - RaceCar 1
Car Parts For Sale & Wanted
Other Items For Sale & Wanted
Wheels Tyres For Sale & Wanted
Number Plates For Sale Wanted

Porsche Services
Porsche Body Shop Repair
Paint Protection & Wrapping
Porsche Classic Insurance
Porsche Classic Parts
Porsche Classic Restoration
Porsche Design Collection
Porsche Engine Gearbox Rebuild
Porsche Heritage & History
Porsche News
Porsche Picture Gallery
Win a New Porsche 911

Porsche Parts
Body Parts, Body Styling
Brakes, Clearance
Electrical, Exhausts
Engine Cooling, Engine Electrical
Engine Rebuild, Heating Cooling
Interior Incar, Lighting
Rubber Seals, Service Parts
Steering, Suspension
Transmission, Workshop Tools
Early 911, 911 - 930, 928 - 968
964 - 993, 996 - 997, Boxster
Cayman, Cayenne, Panamera

Porsche Model Range
911 [991] 2011-Current
Porsche 911 [991]
911 [997] 2004-Current
Porsche 911 [997]
911 [GT] GT1-GT2-GT3
Porsche 911 [GT]
911 [996] 1997-2005
Porsche 911 [996]
911 [993] 1993-1998
Porsche 911 [993]
911 [RS] RS-RSR
Porsche 911 [RS]
911 [964] 1989-1993
Porsche 911 [964]
911 3.2 1983-1989
Porsche 911 3.2 Carrera
911 SC 1977-1983
Porsche 911 SC
911 [Early] 1964-1977
Porsche 911 [Early]
Boxster & Cayman
Porsche Boxster & Cayman
Cayenne & Panamera
Porsche Cayenne & Panamera

911uk Site Partners

MaxA
Barcelona

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ishay wrote:
I thought that was going to be a story about selling your wife to raise the money to buy the car. I thought this is taking a dark turn and a new take on man maths.

I am reminded of the restaurant scene in The Blues Brothers, in which Jake (John Belushi) turns around to the guy at the next table and shouts: "sell me your women, I want to buy your women!".

Ishay, I have no plans to sell my wife. I'm pretty sure that any kind of newer model with less mileage is going to cost me a great deal more, for pretty much the same package, only slighter 'better' maybe. Wink

Les
Österreich

2008 Porsche 997 Carrera 2

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another benefit of a higher mileage car is you can ditch the runaround, use the 911 every day and buy the wife something better out of the money you saved from the 911 so she's happy.

Worked for me.

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

2009 Porsche 997 Carrera 4S

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxA wrote:
Ishay wrote:
I thought that was going to be a story about selling your wife to raise the money to buy the car. I thought this is taking a dark turn and a new take on man maths.

I am reminded of the restaurant scene in The Blues Brothers, in which Jake (John Belushi) turns around to the guy at the next table and shouts: "sell me your women, I want to buy your women!".

Ishay, I have no plans to sell my wife. I'm pretty sure that any kind of newer model with less mileage is going to cost me a great deal more, for pretty much the same package, only slighter 'better' maybe. Wink

Max are you sure as I can let you have 3 camels ,2 goats ,200 marboro and a case of red wine , now surely you must be tempted Grin Grin Grin and I wont even ask for a PPI and borescope Floor Floor

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les wrote:
Another benefit of a higher mileage car is you can ditch the runaround, use the 911 every day and buy the wife something better out of the money you saved from the 911 so she's happy.

Worked for me.

Les liking your style Grin Grin man maths at its finest Thumb

MaxA
Barcelona

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
MaxA wrote:
Ishay wrote:

Max are you sure as I can let you have 3 camels ,2 goats ,200 marboro and a case of red wine , now surely you must be tempted Grin Grin Grin and I wont even ask for a PPI and borescope Floor Floor

What is this insult? 3 camel? Peepee? 3 camel? I have no need for peepee. Boar-es-cape? What is this? No boars. I have no need for this. I am a good man. Honest man.

OK, so you my friend, but OK, now, to you my best friend, best offer, 30 camels, no goat [whoa, Phil, have you actually smelled a roast goat recently?], a box of Cohibas, and a couple of cases of your finest red wine from French. Best offer. To you my friend.

Last edited by MaxA on Fri May 18, 2018 9:38 am; edited 1 time in total

MaxA
Barcelona

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Les wrote:

Worked for me.

Well played, sir.

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxA wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
MaxA wrote:
Ishay wrote:

What is this insult? 3 camel? Peepee? 3 camel? I have no need for peepee. Boar-es-cape? What is this? No boars. I have no need for this. I am a good man. Honest man.

OK, so you my friend, but OK, now, to you my best friend, best offer, 30 camels, no goat [whoa, Phil, have you actually smelled a roast goat recently?], a box of Cohibas, and a couple of cases of your finest red wine from French. Best offer. To you my friend.

allah forgive you for trying to rob a poor man , my boy I must make you my best deal only for my very best friends would I offer such a deal or may my long dead ancestors strike me down. 7 of the finest camels with good breath and fine looks , two flaggons of the sweetest french grape, and a half box of cohibas. but I am hoping your trade also has fine looks and good breath if not then we must replace the grape and cohibas with a goat to the trade may complete. Grin Grin Grin Thumb

spongebob squarepants
Reims

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Mileage Warriors Reply with quote

murph7355 wrote:
Possibly an unwelcome oft repeated topic (I did search!) so happy to take pelters...

Who has the most mileage on their 997 (esp gen2) and how well do they stand it?

I've looked closely at a 70k+ mile car and it looked rock solid (save for cosmetic issues)... But didn't drive it.

Also, what mileage break points do you think impact values and by how much (assuming "condition" is equal)? 20k mile chunks? Thoughts on cars that are over 60k miles? (Especially spongebob!).

I'm not bothered from a milometer perspective especially - whatever I buy will get used without a further eye on resale. But don't want to over pay so am curious as to whether my targets are reasonable Smile

Flame away Very Happy

Ignore these pages with advice from madmen, use the 30k barrier for any 997, after that the PDK is probably doomed, if bore scoring hasn't already finished the engine. To summarise over 60k deduct 75% from normal retail Thumb

991 C2S X51 powerkit PDK in racing yellow, PCCB, PDCC, PSE, Sports design kit, ducktail.
EX 997.2 Carrera 4S PDK
EX 997.2 Carrera S PDK
EX 993 C2 manual in guards red
EX 997 C2 gen 2 PDK
EX 993 Targa
EX 993 Carrera 4 manual
EX 996 3.4 Cabriolet

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 3:31 pm    Post subject: Re: Mileage Warriors Reply with quote

spongebob squarepants wrote:
murph7355 wrote:
Possibly an unwelcome oft repeated topic (I did search!) so happy to take pelters...

Who has the most mileage on their 997 (esp gen2) and how well do they stand it?

I've looked closely at a 70k+ mile car and it looked rock solid (save for cosmetic issues)... But didn't drive it.

Also, what mileage break points do you think impact values and by how much (assuming "condition" is equal)? 20k mile chunks? Thoughts on cars that are over 60k miles? (Especially spongebob!).

I'm not bothered from a milometer perspective especially - whatever I buy will get used without a further eye on resale. But don't want to over pay so am curious as to whether my targets are reasonable Smile

Flame away Very Happy

Ignore these pages with advice from madmen, use the 30k barrier for any 997, after that the PDK is probably doomed, if bore scoring hasn't already finished the engine. To summarise over 60k deduct 75% from normal retail Thumb

Floor Floor Floor

Main Force Patrol
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would never sell my wife for a car, never.... the kids well that’s a different matter, especially the ginger one I could get a new GT3 based on the Chinese market - pale ginger kids are very fashionable in Shanghai Hand

Lotus Elise 111r - Few extras, lucky to get a steering wheel, but boy what a go kart it is

Alfaian
Imola

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one les mate, enjoy them both Thumb

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main Force Patrol wrote:
I would never sell my wife for a car, never.... the kids well that’s a different matter, especially the ginger one I could get a new GT3 based on the Chinese market - pale ginger kids are very fashionable in Shanghai Hand

Floor Floor Floor isnt the ginger one getting married in Windsor today Grin

Main Force Patrol
Spa-Francorchamps

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
Main Force Patrol wrote:

Phil almost, he is called a Harry but he is no Prince !
Optional extras include ADHD and Dyslexia, let’s say he’s a lovely handful Floor

Lotus Elise 111r - Few extras, lucky to get a steering wheel, but boy what a go kart it is

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Main Force Patrol wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
Main Force Patrol wrote:

Phil almost, he is called a Harry but he is no Prince !
Optional extras include ADHD and Dyslexia, let’s say he’s a lovely handful Floor

mmmm ADHD and Dyslexia dont sound like PASM and sportchrono so not ideal optional extras . Grin Grin

neil_911
Monza

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a 911 that has been used more regularly will have less wrong with it than one thats been stood for long periods without use. Or one thats had little use but when used driven hard.

Its not necessarily about OPC servicing etc. Just a well looked after car, even just receipts for components replaced by the owner would be a good selling point to me. A car thats been in the hands of an enthusiast is much more desirable.

It's like spotting paint defects when it comes to higher end sports cars, Because of the people that own them. Most have had a fair bit of paint over the years - to keep them looking tip top. We all have our front ends repainted because of stone chips Laughing

MaxA
Barcelona

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil 997 wrote:
MaxA wrote:
Phil 997 wrote:
MaxA wrote:
Ishay wrote:

allah forgive you for trying to rob a poor man , my boy I must make you my best deal only for my very best friends would I offer such a deal or may my long dead ancestors strike me down. 7 of the finest camels with good breath and fine looks , two flaggons of the sweetest french grape, and a half box of cohibas. but I am hoping your trade also has fine looks and good breath if not then we must replace the grape and cohibas with a goat to the trade may complete. Grin Grin Grin Thumb

7 camel? Pregnant? I am overwhelm. You my friend. But the hot wind is blowing, I will need more than two gallons of Franch. 7 gallons. Maybe, between friends, we test, no? Then is OK. And more cohibas. I need to get across a border. You My friend.

murph7355

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaxA wrote:
7 camel? Pregnant? I am overwhelm. You my friend. But the hot wind is blowing, I will need more than two gallons of Franch. 7 gallons. Maybe, between friends, we test, no? Then is OK. And more cohibas. I need to get across a border. You My friend.

Ironically this was on over the weekend Smile

Phil 997
Brands Hatch
Brands Hatch

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

murph7355 wrote:
MaxA wrote:

Ironically this was on over the weekend Smile

Floor Floor dam missed it must have been watching 22 blokes running around in shorts doing very little for 95 mins , staggering how much they get paid and then miss the shot , the rest of us wouldnt have a job in the real world nooo

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: