Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine oil

Hooner

Hi all, Is it ok to use any decent make of fully synthetic oil as i live in N.Ireland and no one near me stocks mobil 1, although i have enough for the next change but its getting hard to obtain now. Any ideas on what suffice.
thanks.

The viscosity is more important than the brand. What's age / mileage / use and oil consumption. These might get you more meaningful answers. Do ECP deliver to NI ?

ok it runs on 0-40 at the mo, does'nt use much oil at all only what leaks out of the rms anyway ,and i use it on weekends and nice days, she's done 110k.

Porsche have a few approved oils on their list and Mobil 1 is just one of them. I'm currently switching to Shell Helix 5w 40 at 125k miles. That's also on the approved list, easier to come by and also cheaper than the Mobil 1.

Few indies use the shell helix. Is that fully synth rather than semi synth with the mobil1??

Hi Hooner,

general consensus on 996s with a few miles on is to use Millers 10/50 nanotech.

It's not cheap though at over £100 a time. If like me you are only doing a few miles per year it's a shame to have to bin it every 12 months.
Worth it though as it gives much better hot protection and about a third to half a bar more oil pressure when hot.

Oil threads are a right can of worms though.

Hartech recommend the use of the 10/50 though and most people respect them.

Opie oils can deliver you pretty much any oil you want, they deliver to NI for 12 quid for up to about 30 litres or there abouts

YEP a plus one for millers nanoplus 10w50 from opie oil. as reccomended by Hartech . opie oil often have 10/15% promos which is the best time to order. :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for all replies chaps, very helpful. i shall look into ordering some. :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back