Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche wash brick

asterix_the_gaul

Barcelona
Genuine Porsche wash sponge, even looks like A brick. Amazing, wonder if this is standard issue at the OPC? I'm seeing swirls just thinking about it

Attachments

• screenshot_20180512_195516_101.png
    screenshot_20180512_195516_101.png
    459.8 KB · Views: 6,193
AAAAH no one has told Porsche that we are in the 21st century and the sponge and chamois leather are a no no on our cars now, its micro fibre only
that would explain why theres now a note on my OPC file to never ever wash my car after work done. :thumb: :thumb:

They have even cut a groove in their logo shape to hold the really big bits of grit as well, how considerate of them.

Ah but yes guys you are missing the point. I can see a perfect use for it as a door protector stuck on the wall in the garage. PERFECT Porsche design I say

Yes my garage is a tight fit for the car it's wide body and mine too. Wide body!

£12.50 from 9apart. Bargain NOT

FRP said:
Ah but yes guys you are missing the point. I can see a perfect use for it as a door protector stuck on the wall in the garage. PERFECT Porsche design I say

Yes my garage is a tight fit for the car it's wide body and mine too. Wide body!

:floor: :floor: that is about the only use for it mate :grin: :thumb:

I don't think there's much wrong with using a sponge with decent wash technique. Zymol seem to agree.

Magic919 said:
I don't think there's much wrong with using a sponge with decent wash technique. Zymol seem to agree.

Still doesn't make it right .....I think the consensus is ...no one who values their paint uses a sponge ( on their car anyway) anymore ...

I might use one in the shower but that's the limit ...

I think the wash mitt brigade like to think that. Paul Dalton seems to know about cleaning cars. I think he still uses a sponge.

I might also use it in the shower but using a sponge on vehicle paint is very 20th century :grin: There are better products available now than sponges :thumb: :thumb:

Magic919 said:
I think the wash mitt brigade like to think that. Paul Dalton seems to know about cleaning cars. I think he still uses a sponge.

I'll give him a miss then ..........ive got my own maestro who I trust in all things in the detail world ....

Guess I'm thoroughly in 'the wash mitt brigade' then ......been there, scratched that with the sponge for years when that was the only way ....

There are far better solutions nowadays ......in fact I hardly need to use a mitt on my 911 as it has the Gyeon Mohs applied ... dirt can hardly stick to it .....

911TEL said:
Magic919 said:

Still doesn't make it right .....I think the consensus is ...no one who values their paint uses a sponge ( on their car anyway) anymore ...

I might use one in the shower but that's the limit ...
I use to use wash mitts as I also thought Sponges were a thing of the past. But when I had my 981 Spyder detailed by a Gtechniq approved detailer he uses sponges. His theory was that it it very easy to get trapped particles in a wash mitt even using a two bucket method. So I now use Dodo Juice supernatural sponge - nothing like the cellulose sponges in Halfords. And unlike a mitt you can see on the surface if there are any particles. It really is excellent. One technique I do use is to pat dry after washing/rinsing with Chemical Guys woolly mammoth microfibre drying towel - patting dry seems to help with not introducing swirl marks.
We all have our preferred methods.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back